Your favorite artists?

by berylblue 67 Replies latest jw friends

• berylblue
    berylblue

Okay...my evil reactionary brother in law is one of my faves...

This talented bastard won every award when he was at the PA Academy of Fine Arts. I love his work. Okay, here is why he's evil

He will argue over anything. Doesn't matter if he believes what he is saying, he will take the opposite stance of anyone with whom he is speaking.

I lost most of my possessions due to him.

Moving day 7:00 a.m. Sunday, High Rise in Philadelphia

I hear a terrible argument. I thought it was my neighbor once again being vile. I was prepared to do battle. But when I come around the corner from the elevator, it's my brother (also extremely difficult) and Mike, arguing over...get this...corporate dumping.

Corporate dumping? WTF?????? Who stinking cares at 7:00 a.m. on a Sunday morning?

He screamed at my sister, who in turn ran down to Chestnut Street and was crying her eyes out.

It was ugly. To put it mildly. I have never heard such offensive language in my life.

Finally, when I was in the lobby, the guard called me over.

"Rosemarie, you know I really like you. But if you don't get your relatives out of here, I am calling the police."

I had to leave most of my things in my apartment. Most of my memorabilia (including my signed Al Stewart sheet music and things my beautiful daughters made for me, much more important.)

So, I later ask Mike if I can buy a painting from him. He says yes, but it will be three years. It will cost three thousand dollars.

Now, he normally gets over five. But three thousand dollars? From family?

Sheesh.

I do love his work, though.

Also love Van Gogh.

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

dali is my ultimate favorite :)

• Aztec
    Aztec

Hands down: Paul Klee (prounounced Clay..he was Dutch)

He's one of the father's of abstract art and my personal all time favorite. You had to know that, as someone who's worked in the art world for the last ten years, I would have an opinion eh? Rosemarie, your brother in law is pretty good! Still, I'd hold out for a freebie from him after what he put you through.

~Aztec

• berylblue
    berylblue

This is gonna be good. I think one's choice of art speaks volumes.

• berylblue
    berylblue

On ebay...stuff I really like

• berylblue
    berylblue

This is the one I'm bidding on...

I sent someone on this list one of this artist's other pieces.

I should win this for about five dollars.

• blondie
    blondie

Monet

Renoir

Van Gogh

Georgia O'Keefe

Mary Cassatt

Blondie

• freedom96
    freedom96

Without question, Wyland.

• Aztec
    Aztec

Blondie, I love OKeefe and Cassatt! Van Gogh is largely misrepresented as an Impressionist when he is clearly a Fauvist. I like his florals. Monet and Renoir I could do without. Guess I got burned out on them when I had loads of Impressionistic prints to frame for two years (at least) straight. In fact, I really dislike Impressionism! I wanna see the guts not the impression someone got from the guts, know what I mean?

~Aztec

Rosemarie, I like the blue limes. It's differant!

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

Matisse and Picasso

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit