"Bring me a toga..."

by logansrun 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• logansrun
    logansrun

Any speculation as to why CT Russel requested to be wrapped in a toga on that fateful Haloween night in 1916 -- his deathbed? Could it be he felt his physical body would be raptured to heaven and that he should have "clean, pure, white" garments?

Comments?

Bradley

Chicago District Overbeer

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

It's a secret. . .

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

maybe the friggin old nutcase just thot he was at a party? toga toga toga.....

or maybe they didn't hear him right and all he really wanted was a 'hoagie'---he was from Pennsylvania. "Bring me a hoagie.....meat at the proper time and put it on Miracle Wheat bread..."

geesh if he was going to be buried under a pyramid you would think he could atleast dress in the appropriate style to match.

Ravyn

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

He wanted a toga party to go out on?

I'm a junior in college and still no toga party.

What do you wear under a toga?

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

maybe black wasnt his color

• talesin
    talesin

logansrun

I didn't know he died on Hallowe'en. That's rather curious. And wrapped in a toga?

The more I read on this board, the more I see some v. good proof that this religion has its roots in cultism.

Did he die of 'natural' causes?

tal

ps. btw, I hope he is 'rotting in hell', the old basta*d.

• outnfree
    outnfree

"Bring me a toga..."

And here I thought this thread was about your preparations to come to the next SE Michigan Apostofest!!!!

outnfree

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Maybe he had an affinity to Rome????????

• shotgun
    shotgun

The Finished Mystery said he had a headache everyday for twenty years and sometimes went days without sleep......It would not surprise me if Rutherford poisoned him!

Logan.... could there be a Masonic connection..he did like their emblems! Or what about the Knights Templar..they hold things like the shroud of Turin in high regard.

Maybe it was symbolic of a Robe washed white so that he could be presented Holy to God.

Hard to say what was going on in their minds, most of it was garbage and not worth a nickel.

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

hey, logansrun, you wouldn't have wanted him to take off the toga, would you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit