Ooo...Mmm...Ggg premonitory dream. Can't believe it

by Tempest in a Teacup 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Tempest in a Teacup
    Tempest in a Teacup

So, the whole weekend I spent it dozing on and off. This morning, before waking up, I had a dream. I was passing by a building in France (I don't live in Europe) and then I recognized a certain building as the one where one of my friends who lives in that country lives. I get down from the bus and I go inside the building. Saw a woman sitting down folding clothes which belong to my friend. I told her who I am, and I ask where my friend is. She said my friend isn't around, she went out to get some meat because she's receiving guests that night. She told me that in actual fact my friend was moving out of that room.

I ask where the new place is. She said I had to just go round the building, there's an opening under a tree, I could use it to get inside and wait for my fiend there.

I go round the building and get in. The place looks new, big and almost empty, with the exception of her husband's few clothes laying around. I don't stay for long and I leave etc...

THIS AFTERNOON...I receive a skype message from my friend. Note that we haven't spoken for a month. She drops the message: "hey how have you been. We just moved, I'm super tired. Wanted to let you know, next time you come to France, we'll be happy to receive you in our own place'.

I didn't know what to think. I felt lost. So I called her. Several times, I couldn't wait to tell her about my dream. I started with "you're not going to believe this " followed by the dream.

AND THEN she tells me... Your dream was true. We actually moved to another apartment in the SAME building. Jaw dropped me...'what, I mean...WHAT'? So why did I have that dream?

This is the first time I'm experiencing something like this. I'm the type who would chuckle and brush this off had someone else told me this story?

What is this? I'm amazed and scared at the same time.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

I believe we have a form of telepathy, the reason why many may think the same thing at the same time, or you get a phone call when you were just thinking of the person, etc. But right now it's so weak/primitive we have no conscious control over it and it's so subtle we don't know whether it's happening or just our own thoughts.

This wouldn't apply, but I read recently scientists may have found that parents can pass on memories to their offspring. It didn't go into deep detail but it said that would explain why people have phobias, etc, and with animals as well. If not exact memories, fear and responses, personality, etc. But that did make me wonder if that is true if actual memories were passed and if sometimes dreams of places were from that.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

"What is this? I'm amazed and scared at the same time."

Synchronicity.

• cofty
    cofty

Interesting.

What would be really amazing would be if coincidences like this didn't happen.

The book "Unweaving the Rainbow" by Dawkins looks at these sort of events in detail and shows how biased we all tend to be when assessing the odds.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    I too believe in some sort of telepathy, they have seen it in twins. Also the power of suggestion through telepathy, people thinking someone should so or say something then that person does it.
  • Simon
    Simon

Sometimes our brains file things incorrectly and pulls out new information as though it matched a memory that simply didn't exist. It's much rarer to have these situations where someone else is involved (i.e. you told a friend about the dream and then got the news) or you wrote it in a journal.

You are either prescient or you had a brain fart or a teeny stroke. One is very unlikely.

Or it could just be recognition bias - we have lots of crazy thoughts and dreams and you focus in on one that turned out, ignoring the many that didn't. If I mention a movie you'll suddenly start noticing references to it which you simply wouldn't have before.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries
    Also the power of suggestion through telepathy, people thinking someone should so or say something then that person does it.

That's happened to me a couple of times. The one I remember the most was years ago, when still in, I was visiting a KH and standing in the back. They just started the song and somebody mentioned how the person at the sound was 'new'. I looked at him and just had a super strong feeling that he would hit a button and mess it up. After the song was already going fine in the first verse, and after I had that thought, he was fiddling with his books or something, then he looks up at receiver with a very confused look, moves his hand around and hits the stop button, then looks even more confused on why he just did that, and he ended up having to start the whole thing all over again.

Are those things just coincidence? Some effect of space/time? Some form of telepathy? Some form of control of the universe? Or as Simon said recognition bias. But in my case I very rarely ever get that absolute certain feeling on things, maybe once a year or less, usually very mundane things like that example.

• Tempest in a Teacup
    Tempest in a Teacup

It hardly slept. I think this is too heavy for me to process. I mean, when I called her what I knew was that she had moved; I told her about some of the details of my dream before she said anything.

• Tempest in a Teacup
    Tempest in a Teacup

I was actually mocking 'my stupid dream ' of her moving, but to a different side of her building. To which she answered that she didn't believe that it's stupid because they did move to another side of their building.

I will have to look at that book, Cofty. The first question that came to my mind was...what are the odds?

• thankyou
    thankyou

Tempest in a Teacup,

Here's my two cents personal opinion.

It was a gift from God.

Some years ago my parents were back home living in Boston. I was living in Hawaii.

For several years I had been seriously reading, studying, praying searching to understand God, Life, Truth etc.

It was a Sunday afternoon. I was laying in bed, reading trying to understand what is meant by Grace/The Grace of God.

After awhile I became sleepy, sort of in that "no man's land", half asleep-half awake.

I could "see" my step-Dad (and my Mom) in his bedroom back in Boston, and what he was wearing, hear exactly what he was saying, doing and going through. I'll spare you the details.

A few hours later my Mom phoned to tell me that he had passed away from a heart attack. She was surprised that I knew about it. More so, when I flew home for the services and pointed out to her exactly what clothes he had been wearing.

At that time I had also already begun seriously practicing a Chinese martial art for a number of years. It led to a number of similar experiences.

But, I believe the aforementioned one was a gift from God. Nothing to be afraid of. It was something wonderful you experienced. Congratulations!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit