Johnny Depp Likens U.S. to 'Dumb Puppy'

by closer2fine 69 Replies latest jw friends

• Gopher
    Gopher

The guy is an oddball. Of course he has the right to his opinions.

But he has made a large living off of this nation that he criticizes. This nation must have done something right. He doesn't make his movies in Europe.

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82
    He doesn't make his movies in Europe.

Probably will do now, though :P

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

When Pirates came out he took a trip to the Letterman show. Depp was saying things closely to what he said in that article. But mostly he was anti bush and made fun of the freedom fries thing. He said he appeciated our leaders for exposing themselves for being "idiots" or some word like idiots, I forget.

I don't think of Depp as being a deep thinker. He's lived in France for a long time and has spoken negativly about America for many years. Not just Bush but America.

I could care less. I'm not going to boycott him. Heck I didn't even boycott the dixie chicks but then again I'm not into chubby country.

• talesin
    talesin
    People like Johnny Dep who bite the hand that feeds them make me sick

ummm ... the 'hands that feed him' come from moviegoers ALL OVER THE WORLD, not the US government. Speaking as a 'world citizen' who has paid to see Johnny Depp and NOT AN AMERICAN, he has every right to express his opinion.

He is not only beautiful, but v. smart (if you do a little research on him, you will know this). And NO, I'm not a big Depp fan.

BTW, the Americans only 'rescued' France AFTER THEY WERE ATTACKED BY JAPAN, so this 'holier than thou' freedom fries bulls**t really offends me. England and France were BEGGING for help while the Germans were kicking the S**T out of them, and YOUR country stood back and did nothing until it was ECONOMICALLY AND POLITICALLY FEASIBLE. (Also, CANADA, my country, WAS NO BETTER, and I'M NOT ASHAMED TO ADMIT IT.) (ACTUALLY, I AM ASHAMED as a CANADIAN, but ALL I CAN DO IS LIVE WITH IT and not try to COVER UP my country's shortcomings!!!)

let's have a history lesson, folks.

tal

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

True, France never wants help until they are invaded. But England begging? Really? You sure? Begging?

• Francois
    Francois

Leessee, most of the actors and actresses who comment upon politics and politicians, foreign policy and the like either just made it out of high school, dropped out of high school, have their GEDs, or some other type of like education with the exception of whashername (Sarandon) who got her degree in acting from somewhere or other.

Johnny Depp, a real Brainiac, what's his claim to educational fame and who gives a rat's entire ass? And who gives a big shit what Barbara Streisand thinks? Remember during the power crisis when Babs suggested that all Californians hang their clothes out to dry? Right. Her spokesman was asked if Babs was going to follow her own advice. He recoiled in horror at the thought that Miss Nebbs was going to even touch clothing that was still wet from the washer, or maybe even - God forbid - that she'd even wear something twice perish the thought.

So, in closing, I'd like to say from the bottom of my colon:

WHO GIVES A BIG SHIT WHAT ACTORS, SINGERS, AND OTHER ENTERTAINERS THINK ABOUT UNITED STATES FOREIGN POLICY FROM THE LOFTY PERCH OF THEIR GOD DAMN GENERAL EDUCATIONAL DEVELOPMENT CERTIFICATES? Any question???

• teejay
    teejay

Heeere we gooo...

• jws
    jws
    I don't understand why actors can't just be actors. Do what you enjoy to do, let us enjoy watching your movies, then shut the hell up!

Everyone can form their own opinions and speak them. I also think the US overreacted when France wouldn't support the mess in Iraq. And in hindsight, it looks to me like the French were right. Why was it we went to war? Becaus Iraq had WOMD? Still can't find any? Well, then it was to "liberate Iraq". And now we're sure we'll "find evidence of WOMD programs " (different from finding actual weapons - who's the weasel now?). Seems all France was saying was let the UN weapons inspectors do their job. So what? They didn't agree. Did we need a national wave of anti-French racism?

As for actors, I think Schwarzenegger should stick with acting and not run for CA govenor. Maybe Reagan should have stuck to acting too. Or is it OK when the actors are conservatives and goose step with the GOP?

• Simon
    Simon

true jws

I would like to highlight the most important point ...

who spends much of his time in the south of France with his companion, Vanessa Paradis

She is GEORGEOUS !

Wondered what she'd been doing since "Joe le Taxi" and the Chanel (?) Advert

http://minerva.ufpel.tche.br/~bira/vanessa/pics/joeletax.mp3

• closer2fine
    closer2fine
    but then again I'm not into chubby country.

Ouch!!! lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit