Help!! I opened my big mouth..........

by fairy 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

If people insist on being stupid, I will happily take their money.

Say you are collecting to help the relief work in Bizzo-bam-Boozle.

CZAR

• kls
    kls

I would reply;all the priests that are being convicted of molestings are false to .It just astounds me how jws are ready to convict any other religion .I asked my jw husband about these molestings and he asked an elder about them.The elders reply;They are not truly one of Jehovah witnesses.I would also ask how they heard about the jw molestings? I am sure they will say the media not their own cult.Then i would ask ;what if these molestings come out to be true what would you think then?The mind of a jw is like swiss cheese. Kathy

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    and someone replied ......".You mean like a blood transfusion?" that person also said that the elders reckon that all that stuff about abuse is a lie

They indicted their own statement by saying elders "reckon" cause when someone "assumes" something, they make an A** out of "you and me" ....tell 'em you believe it would be better for the elders and everyone to get their facts straight by going to the media, and the internet for reliable info...if the media can get their facts straight when reporting on Kingdom Hall quick-builds and other JW hype, they can surely be relied upon to give the straight "poop" on the bad stuff, too....and JW-related info on the internet can be relied upon when it has documentation as much of it does.

Frannie B

• mizpah
    mizpah

kls:

This is the classic "escape clause" that Jehovah's Witnesses have been using for years. "Well, he couldn't have really been a Jehovah's Witness because he would never have done that." However, let a Catholic or Baptist commit a crime and Jehovah's Witnesses are the first to condemn the church for the error of the way.

It's just another example of the double standards that permeate the Watchtower Society

• fairy
    fairy

thanks ladylee and everyone for your comments...i will copy some of these and use them

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    "just say that they asked you to do something that you know if you did it there was a very likelyhood that you would die for doing it......and they said that it came from god....would you do it" and someone replied ......".You mean like a blood transfusion?" that person also said that the elders reckon that all that stuff about abuse is a lie

God did not ask any Christian to die, those that did, often did so because their conscience (and not some man made organization) led them. If I choose to stand up for my beliefs to the point of death it will be because I choose, not because Jehovah's Witnesses tell me.

And what will people like this say in 5 or 7 years when New Light (tm) redifines taking blood as a conscience issue, ala gamaglobulin shots?

My elders told me the same thing. A closed mind is capable of the most virulent horrors, and none moreso than to stand by and allow evil to consume innocence.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

I would ask them if the elders claim these are lies because they want to believe it or if they have proof these testimonies are lies. And for the abusers that were convicted in court, what proof did the elders see that would convince them they are innocent that the jury did not see?

• Charms
    Charms

As a matter of fact, I remember an article back in the late 80's or early 90's(can't remember if it was in the WT or Awake! magazine) blasting Catholics about the child molesting scandals and talking about how much money they were paying to abuse victims. All the while, there were JW's doing the same thing and they kept hush hush about it. What a bunch of hypocritical scumbags.

• Valis
    Valis
    Home | About | Bible | Experiences | History | Letters | Links | Misc |Members
    News | Physicians | Reform | Science | Watchtower | WT Victims Memorial

"In former times thousands of youths died for putting God first. They are still doing it, only today the drama is played out in hospitals and courtrooms, with blood transfusions the issue."
    Awake! - May 22, 1994, p.2 (Official Jehovah's Witness publication)
    Why are these kids dead?

Test your knowledge about Jehovah's Witnesses and blood. Did you know that...

...Watchtower policy now permits the use of highly purified cow's blood?

Watchtower Society approves Hemopure for Jehovah's Witnesses

In a truly remarkable development, the Watchtower Society has ruled that a new oxygen carrying solution made from cow's blood can be used by (JWs) Jehovah's Witnesses. This despite the Watchtower Society's purported biblical ban on the storage/use of animal blood. Nonetheless, members may not pre deposit their own blood or even use certain tiny human blood products like platelets that are frequently required during chemotherapy.

Internal Opposition to WTS Policy Mounts

Some Jehovah's Witnesses believe that a blood transfusion is a liquid tissue or organ transplant, not a meal, and hence does not violate the biblical admonition to "abstain from [eating] blood." The Watchtower Society attempts to deny these members, many of them born to JW parents, a free choice in their medical care by means of controls and sanctions - namely enforced shunning by JW family members and friends. They have been persecuted for their conscientious beliefs by their own religious organization which presents itself as a champion of human rights.
    AJWRB members in the United States, Netherlands, and United Kingdom have been disfellowshipped for questioning the Watchtower's irrational blood policy.

...Watchtower policy now permits the use of all of these blood components?

Percentage of total weight of blood

At one time Jehovah's Witnesses (JWs) prohibited the use of every blood component shown here. The Watchtower has gradually permitted each component to be used, first globulin, then the clotting factors, plasma proteins and finally hemoglobin in June of 2000. The Watchtower still insists that JWs “abstain from blood”. Since permitted blood
    components total 100% many have asked, "What is actually forbidden?". Permitted blood components are processed from donated, stored blood. JWs benefit from the blood components donated by others but they are forbidden from donating to the blood supply. Is such a policy ethical and in accordance with well established Christian principles?

Research Articles

What is a blood transfusion?

Do Jehovah's Witnesses really abstain from blood?

Watchtower blood policy changes again

Watchtower ceases disfellowshiping members who accept blood?

H.L.C. members voice their concerns

Modern science refutes WTS blood fraction policy

Watchtower officials commit perjury?

Watchtower leaders caught in deception

Contact AJWRB

...yet Watchtower Society policy continues to make modern day martyrs out of Jehovah's Witness kids - why?

The cover of the May 22, 1994 Awake! magazine showing photos of 26 children, with the caption: "Youths Who Put God First." Inside the magazine glorifies Witness children who died supporting WTS policy.

President Vladimiro
    Naranjo
    "This is a form of murder, moreover, first degree murder...Religious freedom is not absolute, there are limitations, a religion that attempts to claim the life of a person cannot be legally permitted." - Constitutional Court of Colombia. Learn more

What's New
    Recent medical articles & other developments

Trauma - Life in the E.R.(Video) - bloodless treatment leads to death

What can I do?

(1) Ask JWs you know or who call at your door, "how does the Watchtower decide which parts of blood God permits?"

(2) Support AJWRB's educational work which has helped thousands of JWs reconsider their position.

Search WWW Search www.ajwrb.org

Other Languages: BLODSPØRGSMÅLET I NYT LYS | Polish | Neues Licht in der Blutfrage | Nueva Luz Sobre la Sangre | BLODFRÅGAN I NYTT LJUS | Japanese| Nova Luz sobre o Sangue | VERIKYSYMYS UUDESSA VALOSSA | Les Témoins de Jéhova s’abstiennent-ils vraiment du sang? | NIEUW LICHT OP DE BLOEDKWESTIE | NUOVA LUCE SUL SANGUE

Receive free updates and news items by subscribing today:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AJWRB/

Support AJWRB's educational work by sending your contribution to: A.J.W.R.B.
    P.O. Box 190089 Boise, ID U.S.A. 83719-0089

Copyright © 1997 - 2003 AJWRB. All rights reserved.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit