Help!! I opened my big mouth..........

by fairy 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• fairy
    fairy

on a site i said the following......

"just say that they asked you to do something that you know if you did it there was a very likelyhood that you would die for doing it......and they said that it came from god....would you do it" and someone replied ......".You mean like a blood transfusion?" that person also said that the elders reckon that all that stuff about abuse is a lie now i dont know what to say! Any ideas how i could answere that?

• Swan
    Swan
    all that stuff about abuse is a lie

You mean every last case? There are thousands and we haven't really heard the last one yet because there are more coming.

Maybe something like that would work.

Tammy

• badolputtytat
    badolputtytat

Hi Fairy... I agree with Swan

but also... in the kindest manner possible (and I don't know how Simon feels about this) but ... invite them here....One cannot deny the thousands of "testimonies" in the pages of JWD... and there are some very witty and informed people here... you don't stand a chance in a room full of "them" alone.

In the meantime... do not argue with them... be careful not to be agressive, or seemingly "apostate".

It would help to know the nature of the converstation... but I realize it may be over by now.

puttytat

• fairy
    fairy

i directed them to this site in a kind and most loving manner

• berylblue
    berylblue

Good point, Swan. The likelihood of every last abuse allegation being a lie is very slim indeed. Even a JW can understand that.

• badolputtytat
    badolputtytat

Fairy... Good Job... I know it is tough to "be nice"...

Now we will just have to be extra nice to any new posters.... if they come here, then they are willing to go against the latest warnings.... "BEWARE the voice of strangers"....

Dear Alan F.

Your wit is needed.... try and be tactful will ya?

• run dont walk
    run dont walk
    the elders reckon that all that stuff about abuse is a lie

this doesn' surprise me at all, my mom said a similiar comment, the blind leading the blind.

I don't doubt that some cases have been fabricated and the revenge factor has played a part, but there is NO WAY that every case is a lie.

• mizpah
    mizpah

If I'm not mistaken, some of the abusers in the organization are sitting in jails and serving out their time. And other cases are soon to be heard and tried in courts. I'm afraid the liars would be those elders in denial.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    ......".You mean like a blood transfusion?" that person also said that the elders reckon that all that stuff about abuse is a lie

1. First of all, God never did say blood transfusions were forbidden, medical "science" was very primitive. Over the centuries God made the light brighter and gave us wonderful medical discoveries, including blood transfusions. Years ago JWs couldn't take any, now they can take some blood products....even so the light is getting 'brighter' regarding this.

2. How can those elders make a 'righteous' decision when they have never seen the evidence of ALL the cases. Even the Watchtower admits there are a 'few' cases where there was abuse. Do they think the Watchtower was wrong?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

You might want to throw out a red herring - sort-a like he just did

"No I was thinking of the brothers in Malawi who refused to buy party cards because they were told it would be an act of apostacy against Jehovah. But at the same time brothers in Mexico were bribing government officials for a card saying they had served their military time. Wouldn't the brothers in Mexico then be guilty of the same thing the brothers in Malawi were avoiding?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit