It seems that many witnesses simply dont care about facts?

by stuckinarut2 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I often wonder if the current crop of witnesses, especially the youth and younger ones simply don't care about facts?

I mean for some, even with knowledge of the past scandals, misleading teachings, mistruths, etc etc, they simply don't care. "It is the TRUTH after all".

They are so intertwined in the operations and activities of the society, that they cant see anything outside of it. They are being fulfilled emotionally by the involvement, that they cant entertain anything except that life.

It seems that the level of attachment goes far beyond logical facts.

It is no different to people who passionately follow a sporting team. They loyally back them despite the times when the team is doing really badly, or is having issues or scandals with their management or players. My team (or country) Right or Wrong.

Facts simply don't make a difference unless they CHOOSE to open their minds.

• skin
    skin

Yes, I agree. And also having a very poor memory helps one to remain loyal to JW.org.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

my uber elder JW brother used to say 'we're lying for 'The Truth' (tm)

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

"don't confuse me with the facts." This mantra works well in the world of JWs and Trump disciples.

• millie210
    millie210

If you are an "in" JW, it is much easier to ignore the facts than to face taking action about them.

One look at the extended family members who would be crushed by upsetting the status quo is about all it takes to keep the average person compliant.

• Saethydd
    Saethydd

Also, many of them refuse to accept such information as facts. They prefer... alternative facts, to coin a phrase.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Most JWs today do not even know the doctrines of the religion that they claim to believe. The GB has come out against any kind of "independent study". The latest publications that are "studied" at meetings do not require any advance "study". JWs are all lazy and they like it that way.

If you confuse them with the facts, they will shut down. They don't want to know the facts. They don't want you to rock their boat. As it is right now, there is not much required of them to get into their Panda Petting Paradise.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS own facts are what they absorb and uphold and there many controlling mental influences the WTS has made with this deliberate intention, such as presenting prearranged questions and then providing prearranged answers to make up facts.

Knowledge is power as the saying goes.

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

They are the laziest group of people I've ever seen. They do NOT care about the facts. The vast majority couldn't tell you the basics about this 'religion'...and it can lead to major frustration for those that are trying to wake them up.

It is the main reason I stopped taking calls, writing eBooks, blogging or anything else. Most have NO clue what you're even talking about.... from 'generations' to the Australian Commission....yes it is chosen ignorance......but still..... collectively..... the dumbest, laziest people I've ever known.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I often wonder if the current crop of witnesses, especially the youth and younger ones simply don't care about facts?
    they simply don't care. "It is the TRUTH after all".....stuckinarut2

JW Youth Are Surrounded By JW Adults..

Who Don`t Care About Facts..

Image result for child mimicking parent

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit