two deaths and no calls...

by detective 24 Replies latest social family

• shamus
    shamus

I know what you mean, Detective.

My 90 year old sweetest in the world land-ladty died,. whom I loved as my own grandmother, and those bastard witnesses never called me either. Two people knmew where I lived and they never called.. never wrote,,, nothing.

Bastards.

This brings back old memories and they really piss me off!

Shamus

• run dont walk
    run dont walk
    Withholding notification of deaths seems to be a favorite Witness dirty trick.

it's like they are trying to punish you everyway possible for leaving the borg, have been through this same scenario in my family, what can you say, just one more reason to never go back.

Very sorry for your loss.

• teejay
    teejay

Sorry, Detective. Give our regards to your friend.

I wish I could think of a way that would snap JWs who were in that situation out of their mindset and become regular ol' humane human beings, but looking back on and remembering what I was like when I was a Dub, I'm not very optimistic. To JWs, the df'ed are only 1/2 a step better than apostates, and apostates are at the absolute bottom of the scale.

I know. I used to think that way myself. It takes an extraordinary and personal event before the average person in that situation wakes up. I wish it were different, but that's just the way it is.

• detective
    detective

I appreciate the warm thoughts. Thanks to each of you.

It's sad to see how many of you have gone through this.

Teejay, I don't think his father is ever going to snap out of it. However, feeling as royally uh, irked as I do at the moment, I'd love to help slap him out of it. Er, snap him out of it. I mean, encourage him to use another viewpoint. Yeah, that's what I mean.

• Panda
    Panda

I am so afraid this will happen to us. We had some really good friends who I hope we'll know if they die. We had a shock when we saw an older couple (who were really nice) die on a TV program. It was awful. Another friend died just after I DA'd and I wish I had had time to say goodbye to her. So I hope that in the future some who have recently faded and keep in touch w/us will keep us informed.

I feel for your friend.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit