Blade Runner mentioned in the Watchtower

by ThomasCovenant 32 Replies latest jw friends

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney
    Really, any movie, band, celebrity, or fad that hit big, had the WTS finding fault with it somehow.

It took me a while, but at some point after I left, it dawned on me: These are miserable people. That's certainly true in Bethel. They're miserable and they can't help but spreading their misery around.

As a child I instinctively knew that, no matter what it was, if it was popular, it was going to be labeled "bad."

I remember being around 4 years old when E.T. came out and the JW couple my parents were studying with lecturing us about the evils of the movie. My parents looked at me and said, "You see. We can't go see it. It's bad." all while wearing giant smiles on their faces.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    sir82 - "Purpose isn't to warn, it's to heap up loads of guilt on any JW who happened to see it."

Hard to argue with.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    neverendingjourney - "It took me a while, but at some point after I left, it dawned on me: These are miserable people. That's certainly true in Bethel. They're miserable and they can't help but spreading their misery around."

Jehovah's Witnesses are the happiest people on Earth! Period!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit