The Watchtower is not invincible

by Coded Logic 54 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    I find it interesting that these days, there seem to be considerably more XJWs willing to consider the possibility of the WTS actually experiencing significant decline... compared to, say, five years ago.
  • kookie
    kookie
    Landy excellent post!!
  • Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

They definitely got the look of a dooms day cult in its final days of existence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO-eISpIPAw

Pulling out the Ethiopian in the wood pile speech denying blame for over spending by the Governing Body irony over how to spend Jehovah's money by a faithful head strong slave :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OinA9kHkwRw

Letts famous Xenophobic speech for the world to see which might cost them United Nations membership and library privleges:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2EfPW9kIKA

http://www.un.org/en/universal-declaration-human-rights/

Article 18.

Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion; this right includes freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom, either alone or in community with others and in public or private, to manifest his religion or belief in teaching, practice, worship and observance.
  • Landy
    Landy

That last one is brilliant. Who is it?

His eyebrows are truly special, up and down, up and down.

And the way he looks at the camera suggests he's getting a prostate exam.

Surely they could have picked a better public speaker!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The JW org seems to be falling between two stools. (I know there is a pun in there somewhere !)

They know that they can go down the extremist/fundamentalist route and lose most members, but retain a a few had-core types. Or they can go more Mainstream, retain almost as many as they have in the past, and still keep the money flowing in.

They seem to be trying to do the latter, re-branding as a modern religion, but they wish to retain their rigid control, and their wacky identity as rather weird, as they feel that the True Religion must be different from all others.

A difficult act to pull off.

Especially if you are as obviously inept as they are.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

"And the way he looks at the camera suggests he's getting a prostate exam."

Or as if his own finger has gone through the toilet paper !

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Splane famous convoluted idiot denial speech trying to put blame on reporters for this scandal. They oughta play this for morning worship at Bethel head quarter for the few remaining die hards as their ship/corporation goes down like the Titanic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XK9T4TlSYyk

The shear amount of gullibility to believe this guys is staggering for a unindoctrinated person to comprehend. This little speech I'm afraid will plummet the Governing Body's approval rating from their Portuguese loyalist and cause a mass exodus from the corporation's grip. Leaving the extremely loyalist in a state of confusion over the fall from societies good graces.

• done4good
    done4good

Phizzy - They know that they can go down the extremist/fundamentalist route and lose most members, but retain a few had-core types. Or they can go more Mainstream, retain almost as many as they have in the past, and still keep the money flowing in.

Going mainstream will not guarantee they keep members and keep money flowing in. WT is an authoritarian organization, and part of its success is based on its authority and control over its members. If this control is lost, many, many will likely leave, since the only thing keeping them in is that control. It is not in their DNA to even take a serious shot at this.

It's a catch-22 though. Becoming more hardcore is not a good option either. They really have been doing this for the last 20 years or so, and what has taken place is a steady outward flow of their best and brightest that continues to this day.

Given those two poor options, WT will likely keep the status quo, (meaning more control will be attempted), since a long, slow bleed out is preferable to crash and burn. It is the social evolutionary preference of immediate survival vs. long-term sustainability. WT really does not think long-term. Authoritarian regimes typically do not.

d4g

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi All,

I'm a witness & we are told to not look on the internet, because they are lies..Well, my reply is: "Are all of them lying"...We live in an information age, people can read now....There was a time when folks could only read the instructions or the back of a medicine bottle, but not so now....Even folks that live in the jungle can read. LOL. I'm not sure if the Org. can survive in this information age. The young folks today are different. They are not from the generation of being seen & not heard. Some will just go along to get along. I know they know TATT, but just holding tongue. Nothing on this earth is invincible.....Look the catholic religion is still going strong...but they didn't toot their horn like the org. & say, we are God's chosen....that's the difference. The org. can still go on but just admit that they were wrong, that's all there is to it...but, The pride comes before the fall. They tell us to keep it simple but yet they are still building...if the end is coming, what's the point? Maybe they don't think this is the last days either. To illustrate...LOL...(we are all familiar with that statement), If a person works for a company & they tell you that business isn't good yet, the higher up(s), go on vacation, get a bigger office, basically just rub it in your face....That's what the org. is doing...they are telling us how to live yet all the while, the higher ups are living large. The sad part is the friends, don't even notice...or should I say, they do, but don't say anything, the org always comes out smelling like a rose...why ? Because most of the friends...no I should say all of them think this is God's organization...so it's ok to build & spend money Because God said it's ok. They can't separate God & man...that's just one of the problems...if you speak against the org. you are speaking against God...Once I told them I'm not questioning God, I'm questioning MAN....(crickets).

Tor

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

No the watchtower is not invincible

When they need to ask children for their ice cream money

When they need to ask parents not to go to the circus.

The GB sees the big picture though if one million children around the world dont have a $1 ice cream and give it to the borg thats one million dollars

If one thousand people from this website took a teaching book and put it in the trash each week that would be a 1000 books or per year 52,000 books

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit