Wimbledon Kingdom Hall

by truthseeker 13 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

I just heard that Wimbledon Kingdom Hall is being or about to be sold. It is 60 years old and worth half a million pounds.

Has anyone heard anything more about this?

Truthseeker

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Haha! Crash and burn, aye WT?

• DesirousOfChange
  • nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Wimbleton?! Maybe serina could buy it

• steve2
    steve2

Local JWs have been told the hall’s in their court but some have realised it’s just a racket. Time to call in the referee?

• scruffmcbuff
    scruffmcbuff

Half a mil? Wimbeldon?? Whats wrong with it? Seems very cheap for the area.

I of course make this statement without seeing it. I know a fellow who just bought a 3 bed detatched house in wimbeldon for £2,500,000!!

• scruffmcbuff
    scruffmcbuff

Reference my last seems property on that road range from £450,000 for a flat to £900,000 + for a house. So that price is likely accurate. Considering the building will be of useless set up and require substanial remodelling.My appologies.

• Nicholaus Kopernicus
    Nicholaus Kopernicus

I have passed this Wimbledon KH several times recently. It's the one with (or did have) a CO flat. It still seems to be in use. No for sale signs on display.

The KH in Kingston on Thames had a for sale sign and it's still for sale to the best of my knowledge. Looked a real eye sore a couple of months ago when I last checked.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Good question nowhat? ,LOL steve2

• Laika
    Laika

I attended this hall for a few months 6 years ago and it was not a particularly thriving congregation then, there's also the big hall on Haydon's Road Station only a few minute drive away which is pretty new so I am surprised the Wimbledon one has been going this long.

I just checked the JW.org website and the address of the Wimbledon cong is showing as Haydon's Road so this news seems to be true.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit