Ever notice this about X JWs

by JimmyYoung 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• Simon
    Simon

Doesn't it depend on where you say it?

They are free to post their ideas, you are free to post yours, but don't expect you have the right to be welcomed to post your ideas in their space - why would you? Or are you saying that you don't attack their ideas if they post in yours?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I always find it odd when XJWs are grouped in with religious people.

The majority of XJWs I know are very much not religious anymore. In my observation, it's only a handful who join some other church (usually some flavor of evangelical), and I always scratch my head, because I'd have thought they'd had enough of that sort of thing.

Credit where credit's due; the Org does a superb job inoculating its members - and thusly its ex-members - against any other form of religious expression.

• Giordano
    Giordano

I think Vidiot has the truth of it.....at least in our case. My wife and I fled the Society in the mid 1960's.......... my mother despaired over the length of my hair. She couldn't get past it.

She remained an uber JW. Died at the age of ninety still believing Armageddon was right around the corner.

It was a looser religion in that era....a lot of parties, drink fests. International assemblies....... pioneering where the need was great and of course avoiding Vietnam.

Then as the 1960's progressed it all unraveled in the late sixties for our generation. 1975 turned into a laughing stock.

The Elder arrangement was reinstated, Raymond Franz questioned why the JW's couldn't study their bible where one or two gathered together. He was spanked soundly and shunned and the beginning of the end started.

We are definitely in the last days folks......at least for the WT Society you can't stay viable if over sixty percent of born-ins leave.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Let's be honest, Gi...

...there's a whole bunch of reasons the WTS "can't stay viable".

:smirk:

• blubberyk9
    blubberyk9

Perhaps X JW's or ( x fundamentalists?) need some time to adjust? I did. It took me the better part of a decade to stop feeling so...um...restrained let's call it. As stated above, the JW indoctrination was very effective. I may have started out quite conservative when I first faded, but I am no longer. In fact, my non-JW siblings are confounded by my current belief system. LOL! I think they feel it is too inclusive!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit