Ever notice this about X JWs

by JimmyYoung 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• JimmyYoung
    JimmyYoung

Its not just X JWs but religious people in general. They feel free to post this crap on the internet about Jesus is lord share this post, or some drivel but then if you post any thing that questions it you get jumped on like someone saying the earth is a globe at a flat earth convention. They can say what ever they want but don't dare question it.

• lriddle80
    lriddle80
    That's pride, ego. My dad is the same way with Harley Davidson - there is no other bike. That's me with all my healthy food knowledge. That's my stepdaughter with politics. It's not just religious.
  • iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

I have found that contrary to what I had imagined. That lots of X JWs have turned very right wing. After having been enslaved to that type of fact free, black and white, judgmental life in the cult, I would not have guessed that so many would gravitate to that. I see some who seemed to have traded one cult for another, often with eerie similarities.

Im sure I will get many dislikes for this OPINION of mine.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75
    Well the ex jw may still value stuff like order, safe streets, a conservative work and tax paying ethic and thus be opposed to uncontrolled third world immigration
  • truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I went from born in JW, to atheist, to more spiritualist. I enjoy studying the Bible through non-Watchtower lenses. I also enjoy studying Judaism, Islam, Hinduism, and Buddhism. I like seeing the common thread that runs through them all and seeing how man made organizations twisted them into burdensome religions.

However, I get your point. That's the difference between belief and faith. Belief is clinging to an idea that supports your way of thinking and opposing anything that goes against that same way of thinking. Faith is letting go and accepting the truth for what it is.

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

I love the definition of a Fanatic from a West Wing Episode (which many JWs and fundemetalists are).

A fanatic is someone who won't change their mind and can't change the subject.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I have found that the XJW's I have met in person are lovely reasonable people. On line we get a variety, it is evident that many were the kind of JW who never read anything much, never researched anything for themselves, even the stuff they were allowed to, and they have continued this lazy way as XJW's.

But many more seem to have knuckled down, given themselves a better education, got well informed on a wide range of subjects, and also ended up as reasonable people, willing to change their viewpoint when corrected.

These latter ones give the best answers on here !

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

During all the last U.S. election craziness , a JW relative made a Facebook post about how stupid the government is and how much we need Jehovah to step in and put and end to them.

I made a comment agreeing that the election nonsense was getting tiresome . I also commented that although there are a lot of problems that need to be resolved, I'm glad there are those who take charge and keep trying because although things aren't perfect, things do go reasonably well for most people, most of the time. We have schools, paved roads, police and fire protection, grocery stores filled with foods from around the world, hot and cold fresh running water 24/7 etc. If it were up to most of us, we'd have none of those things and there'd be utter chaos.

Even though I said nothing religious or untrue, they immediately unfriended us from both Facebook and Instagram because I dared to contradicted their "everything is a disaster and must be eliminated " JW narrative.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

J.W's always have to be right. If you carry that attitude over when you leave you are frankly a bit of an idiot. You have just learned that you were totally WRONG for however many years you were in, surely it should enter even a fairly thick skull that your opinions now may well be wrong too.

The dishonest and cowardly tactic of not engaging in debate to defend your views is typical JW too, and if that is the attitude of an XJW they need a bloody good long look in the mirror.

• Kathy1978
    Kathy1978

I have noticed it too. Like you said religious people in general. If you don’t agree you get attacked.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit