CO's never say thank you for the green handshakes

by suavojr 22 Replies latest jw friends

• suavojr
    suavojr

Ever noticed how CO's and ex-DO's never say thank you for the hard earned money they get from the friends? They truly believe they are entitled to live an easy life at the expense of others. This makes my blood boil!

These guys just visit each congregation week after week, collecting tax-free money to later enjoy a lavish vacation. They get what they deserve when mother cuts them of as they did with all of the ex- Do's.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside
    Well,that is sad they don't acknowledge any gifts This was about 20 years ago,but we did have a CO,who did send thank you notes to everyone who gave him money.
  • LV101
    LV101

Yrs. ago I had an ex-Bethelite's wife (they had both been Bethelites) tell me how they wanted to become COs because they received all kinds of wonderful gifts -- everything imaginable from the JWs.

I'm sure they're dulged and clueless how much money and time/effort is spent on them.

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

I had a CO in the early 90's who was a pretty decent guy. He was pretty laid back and never 'lorded' it over people. Never asked for reimbursements from the congregations. If we stopped for a break he would insist on paying. I don't recall him ever being an asshole.

The guy after him? AHAHAH totally the opposite. He forced his will on people. His wife was a cunt. She would cancel appointments with publishers because she had to do things like get her hair done. She would literally say, "I'm the CO's wife, so I can do this." Fuck her and fuck him. I hope they're both dead.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

suavojr:

"Ever noticed how CO's and ex-DO's never say thank you for the hard earned money they get from the friends?"

How can we notice such a thing unless we on this board are giving them handshakes or witness them receiving one?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Sorry to upset you generalization. Way way back when I was trying to bribe my way into being appointed, every CO that I laid a C-Note on had the COW send a very nice Thank You note.

They are totally stupid. They well know they will be back through in 6 months and hopefully the gainfully employed will be generous again.

Doc

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    In all the years of being in over 40, I never new until I got here that this practice was done. I wonder if in some parts of the world or the US its more common then others?
  • Lieu
    Lieu

I never gave them any money. Christ, the Apostles, et al didn't mooch. They had regular jobs and supported themselves.

"Leaders" don't mooch, CO's, DOs considered themselves 'leaders'. They certainly didn't consider themselves everyone else's equal.

Need more funds, ask for a raise from the mothership.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I've only ever met a couple of decent CO's and DO's. Most of them were arrogant company men.

Scroungers! Why don't they get a real job?

Perhaps they will be forced to, now.

Circuit Overseers' Wife = COW..how appropriate.

• pontoon
    pontoon
    Never heard of one turning one down. When Lett was my CO I always green handshaked him. Later from this board I read he was flush with money (not earned, from family) I usually got a Thank You note from the CO's wife. A couple that used to be in my congregation and went missionary, we were friends, came back to Wat Farm for medical care, I slipped him a $100, they went back to their assignment and I never heard from them again. Have to realize 99% of them feel they are entitled.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit