thankyou Craig

by little witch 61 Replies latest jw friends

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Well Craig said it really: "When called on it, they dismiss, dissemble and endlessly carry on debate in a vain attempt to save face."

I see no point in doing this with people who are determined to misinterprete me. Ergo Simon in this instance.

Its true that my apology was not from the heart and was a formality. But that only demonstrates that I was not (in my own mind ) advocating " date rape".Its hard to be sincere if you think your innocent. To accuse me of "date rape" is absurd in my eyes because I dont view that rape is involved if they turn down the light and remove their own pants. Lol.

As for such people as Little Witch. Francois. X Warrior. Scully and Teen Yuck who have all had plenty to say in this discussion, You will have to forgive me if I hold their opinions in scant regard. Numerous of them have stated in the threads involved that they dont like me and never have. So far as I am concerned they are simply people who have a personal axe to grind with me trying to make mileage against me.So I see no point in defending my views, or explaining my thinking to people whose opinions are set.

I will however apologize to one here, and that is stinky. I apologize Bridgette, sincerely, for saying that "I refused to cyber you and only rated your picture an 8". In fact, I rated it a 9 and there was no suggestion of cybering on your part. There were a lot of people piling on me and I felt the compulsion to take my anger out on someone and I sought to hurt you.

Profuse apologies to you.

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

well done Craig !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Oh, and by the way TJ.

Your comments are pretty much spot on as to my intents and thinking. But then youre a thinking man. Why Simon would have any axe to grind with you is beyond me, though it is apparent he does not like your posting. It is almost as though he wishes nothing but thoughtless fluff on his board. Perhaps he is psychologhically exhausted from his efforts here.The regulation of opinion, the tendancy towards the mainstream here, is quite staggering in my mind. I honestly would have thought ex dubs would rail against all forms of regulation of opinion, questioning everything and condemning propaganda in all forms. But it is not the case. Most of the people here havent even read their dub history, except for cut and paste quotes on web boards. An amazing consideration, from my perspective.

Anyway, to be truthfull, if I saw condemantion of myself from numerous posters whose opinion I thought truly valuable, such as yourself, I would honestly reassess my position. But I dont see it. Well, except for Ona of course. Onas okay.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

RF-

<Sigh>

I don't know what to say. I feel really weird you singling me out like this, but if you felt that was necessary, what can I say?

I want to say that I accept your apology, but I am apprehensive. You admitted that your first one was a formality, so does that give me the right to question this one's validity? I think it does, so don't be upset if I do not run to you with open arms.

Last thing I want to say is that your words affected me so strongly because even though several of my other JWD friends told me not to trust you, I lowered my guard. I tried to see you for what you really are. . .I didn't want to base my opinions of you on other's experiences. (I've already heard a couple of "I told you so's".) I wanted to form my own opinion according to your treatment of me. I disagreed with your words on the other thread, but I didn't want to show my distaste w/o speaking with you first. Scully said some things that were true in many regards and I acknowledged her words while at the same time trying not to attack you. What did I get? Well, I might be too sensitive, huh? Anyways, I achowledge you apology. . but I need time. .

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Yes SP. Well as I say Apologies to you. I really cant do any more than that. I know Im a cruel man sometimes. Profusely sorry.

As for Scully, well shes just a poster with an axe to grind from where I sit. Doubtless she a decent person, though of course she wouldnt admit the same about me, which, from my perspective, shows more about her than it does about me.

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior
    As for such people as Little Witch. Francois. X Warrior. Scully and Teen Yuck who have all had plenty to say in this discussion, You will have to forgive me if I hold their opinions in scant regard. Numerous of them have stated in the threads involved that they dont like me and never have. So far as I am concerned they are simply people who have a personal axe to grind with me trying to make mileage against me.So I see no point in defending my views, or explaining my thinking to people whose opinions are set.

Let's put the horse before the cart here RF- at least with regard to me, as I can only speak for myself. My dislike for you did not cause my response to you. I called it like I saw it and would have said the same thing to anyone who posted the same neanderthal musings. I have no axe to grind with you- you don't have that much affect on me. I just wanted to let you know, with my post, that your assessment of others around you as being idiots for you to play with simply isn't reality. The fact that you need to find some ulterior motive on my part for that is actually amusing.

You admitted your apology wasn't heartfelt so I hit the nail on the head. Instead of taking responsibility for your own words you slammed others saying they were too sensitive etc. and if they weren't they'd have thought you funny as well. As you can see, people aren't buyin it! Grownups don't behave this way- children do.

You further admit that you purposely lied on a public forum in an attempt to make SP appear differently than she is out of your own anger. I have a clue for you RF- YOU DO NOT have a right to put question marks in the minds of others about a person out of your own childish tantrum. You are right, some people don't like you. And there's a good example of why. The lengths you will go to when you are pissed off are abhorrent.

XW- carrying a sword, not an axe

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

OK RF I'm going to give you an opportuntiy to take the noose off your neck

I will accept that if a woman agrees to have you come over based on your statement that "the pants will come off" she should reasonable be willing to follow through.

I will also agree that some women will say no when they really mean OK (I don't think that is smart or fair or right but some people do it)

I will also agree that mixed messages make it very difficult for a man to know whether he should continue or stop.

And I will agree that many men have been taught that women believe it is virtuous to protest before giving in.

This survivor of incest, molestation, spousal rape and date rape can actually see your point. (even though I disagree with it)

If I was to read between your lines and add what you (hopefully) have left out of your scoring intructions then given that the woman in question may be either palying games or protesting for the fun of the game then OK, pressing on becomes a part of the game

(like I said I don't like it and think it is wrong to play those games but it happens - BTW I think it is wrong because one day she just might meet the wrong guy who won't listen to a sincere NO)

BUT and here is the big but, you didn't add in those criteria. You stated that protests should be ignored while the man takes charge and scores. This is the situation that I have major concerns about. If a man does not stop to determine the sincerity of the protests he risks later being labeled a rapist. And if he has not stopped to check out the sincerity of the protests and insists on his demand then he is indeed guilty of a date rape.

• teejay
    teejay

Lady Lee,

Seeings I've long considered you one of the most sensible posters here, I already thought quite highly of you, but even so... my opinion just went up a coupla notches. A most fair and balanced post you just made, Fair Lady -- yes it was. Thank you.

• gumby
    gumby
    My time here has shown me nothing new. Nothing.

From all I ever read from you....."this board has nothing for you to learn from"... and I wonder "why in the hell don't you frickin just leave then" Go read rays books....he's the only one you give any credit to anyways. You seem to thrive on wars here. Bye

Gumby

• seven006
    seven006

Gumby,

You just couldn't sit back and eat your popcorn quietly like all the rest of us could you?

Go sit in the corner and think about it young man.

Now if everyone can please take their seats, act III is about to begin.

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit