Texas 101

by arrowstar 16 Replies latest jw friends

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

That would be wonderful!!

Y'all c'mon down har!! We'll fix up a big ol' spread of food and take y'all to all the sights.

Hurry up now. Time's a'wastin'!

Lisa

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Yup, Arrow.....Texas is beautiful with its sandy beaches resort areas along the coast, its coastal plains and flatlands, the Big Thicket, forested regions, hill country, mountains, creeks, bayous, and rivers....and all the native flora and fauna.....and lawdhammercy, it's BIG! I can drive 12 hrs from the upper coast and STILL not reach the panhandle!!!....but if you've ever seen the Shenandoah Valley and its surrounding mountains in Virginia, specially early in the morning just as the sun begins to rise....it'll take yer breath away....

Frannie B

• Xena
    Xena

this is what I see when I drive my daughter to school (on those horrible days she misses the bus)

makes it all better *sigh*

and when I was driving down 360 the other day...I was so glad to live in Austin

• Panda
    Panda

nouveau Texan --- I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

It's horridly hot in the summer. But having lived in Wisconsin and Illinois in horridly freezing winters --- I'll stick out the summers in a/c and enjoy the non-existent winters.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

I'm not "from" Texas, but I'm here now and I love it! The hospitality, the friendly people, the personal pride in the state and it's history. I don't plan on moving out of state anytime soon. The roots are down too deep now.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    nouveau Texan --- I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

LOL@Panda! You've met Country Girl, I hope....she says the same thing....moved from Colorado, I think, as soon as she could....heheheh

Frannie B

• Jesika
    Jesika

I wasn't born in TX but moved here when I was 4.....so most Texans consider me a native.

I love the state of TX and didn't realize how much pride I had from coming from TX untill I left it and stayed in Louisiana for a while............I love LA..........but TX will always have my heart!!!!!

Love,

Jes

BTW we are called the "friendly state" for a damn good reason.......didn't know it untill I visited relatives up north...........god our customer service here is OUT OF THIS WORLD!!!!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit