I would like advice from the women on this forum

by Eric 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Eric
    Eric

Hi!

I don't believe I've ever started a topic here before.

Ladies, ever wanted to play "Matchmaker" or "Advice for the Lovelorn"? Well, I've got a situation that has me going in circles. It's something I'm also talking about with the realtime women friends in my life, and they've been just great, but there is also huge resource of fabulous women here on JWD that will know about that other intangible aspect of our x-JW involvement and how it affects people, relationships and families, that the women I know will never quite grasp.

It is not, however, something I choose to discuss here. I'm sorry to make this a bit more work, but if you feel like helping, please email me at [email protected]

All responses will be answered.

TIA,

Eric

• little witch
    little witch

You don't want to post "IT" here, but you will spell it out in an email?

Don't hold your breath,

• Eric
    Eric

bitty witch,

I'm not exactly holding my breath.

Unless you want to hold it for me.

Eric

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

Eric -

Maybe I misread your reply to Little Witch, but there's no need to be mean. I understand that you might not want to post your personal affairs on the forum but here again I understand where Little Witch is coming from as well.

I don't think I understand completely what it is that's happening. I do hope you get the answers that you seek.

Lisa

• Eric
    Eric

Where I'm from, "Don't hold your breath" means Get Stuffed or Forget it.

I'm not holding my breath.

I'll take whatever responses I get.

I made an honest request and Little Witch came back with a jab.

My response to lw wasn't intended to be mean, just on the same level.

Capiche?

Eric

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

I hope you get your advise but watch out you get good advise as some woman are game players to. All the best, if its not meant to be it won't be.

Will

• little witch
    little witch

Actually, Eric,

It wasnt a "jab".

I just think your post was odd, and that you were trying to take advantage of female posters for dubious reasons.

So you stuff, sweetie.

We are not bleeding hearts, to be taken advantage of. You made an obvious attempt to entice female posters to email you, and I said ''dont hold your breath"

Obviously, no one takes you seriously....Buzz Off, Loser

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith
    Advice for the Lovelorn"?

I'll offer you some public advice since you asked. First of all you're a bit thin skinned and your very negative response to the first female to reply says a lot about why you'd want some help. Then you justify your nasty response.

Yeah, I'd be sending you my email address, sure I would.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Little Witch: Boy he is rude huh

Stacy and Arrow: I would never trust anyone that pulls this. heck that is how I ended up with a stalker for over a year.

Eric: try being nice might help you in your love life too

• Seven
    Seven

Eric,

Perhaps hanging out in chat here and conversing with women who interest you would be an easier way to get to know someone. Also, make use of the private message feature. The worst that can happen is that they'll say no.

seven

A post from Simon earlier this month concerning singles/personals here:

I've had a rethink on this and don't intend adding any singles section. My reasoning is:

It cheapens the place. It looks like a "meat market". The best way to meet people is to go out to meet them.

People would come to me to sort problems out (they do already) and I don't want to get involved. In the past people have got involved then fallen out and expect me to step in and take one side or the other. I would feel that I had some responsibility and don't want it.

Several people have met (and even married) from the forum and I think this is fantastic. I don't think successful relationships happen so much from singles areas though. People should really just get to know people during the normal course of posting. If they are attracted to each other and want to hook up? Great.

There are plenty of dating / singles / meetup sites out there that people can use.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit