Is the literature free in your country(Voluntary donation)

by shotgun 13 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• shotgun
    shotgun

Is the WTBTS publications free in your respective countries or is there still a posted charge for it?

I know US, Canada, France and the land down under are free.....not exactly free they cost you your life but you know what I mean.

• Hamas
    Hamas

Funny, the guys that really need free literature in the 3rd world have to pay

• shotgun
    shotgun

Is it free in the UK Hamas...and A belated happy Birthday Bud.

• Hamas
    Hamas

It is free here, and its a good job.... I know somebody that signals their interest to get the mags.... then simply takes them to the recycle plant for cash, lol

Thanks for the happy b/day, by the way

• blondie
    blondie

I think within the last year 3rd world countries changed to the donation arrangement as well.

Blondie

• fairy
    fairy

here in australia they offer the mags then ask for a voluntary donation

• observador
    observador

They weren't free in Brazil until the year 2000.

Now the "friends" go house-to-house with an envelope and ask for a contribution donation when the householder takes the literature publication. This has been, I am told, the result of a "simplification arrangenment" (for the Society) and has actually resulted in a complication (for the brothers). :)

The friends allways get the harder part. Go figure.

Observador.

• fairy
    fairy

the only reason they ask for a donation is because if they ask for the money as they did before, then tax becomes involved like GST.....they dont have to pay that on donations

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

The donation arrangement has been introduced in 2000 wordwide, IIRC.

• arancia
    arancia

This sort of donations that has changed in the year 2000 is simlpy another of j.w magic incame for the society.Infact they by donations make double profit,how? they always get the sure money at each mags.collection from the congregation plus the benefits they get from people donations.Any time you donate many to any religion or organisation you can claim on tax,but with the j.w.they get the cake and eat it too. PS,is there any comment please.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit