how long after a fade does the local hall keep your records?

by mickbobcat 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Exactly don’t try to fix what ain’t broken.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Balaamsass2 -If no one is bothering you, why wake a sleeping dog?”

To loyalists in leadership positions, inactives are a potential threat.

They need to suss out potential “apostates” and DF them, so that the rest of the rank-and-file don’t talk to them and find out why they’re inactive.

• St George of England
    St George of England

I suppose all congregations are different.

In my congregation after a fortnight you'll probably be forgotten. We have quite a lot of old/sick ones, some in nursing homes. They never get a mention until the announcement for the funeral.

George

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

When I was a Secretary ( UK) The instructions were to keep old cards for 8 years.

After 26 years , unless you are personally known at the Hall, there would be nothing to d/a from.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

When I was Cong Secretary (as mentioned by BluesBrother) the rule then (over 20 years ago) was to destroy Publisher Record Cards older than 8 years. That has changed. They now hold on to the most recent PRC indefinitely. By doing so, they can claim you as a "member" even after being inactive for many years should you do something that provokes them to want to disfellowship you.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Yeah, it's not enough to let you quietly leave; they wanna kick you in the ass on your way out.

• hoser
    hoser

It reminds me of the old Soviet countries. Communism was the best way of life but they had to put razor wire at all the borders just to keep their citizens from leaving.

If they let jws quietly leave, everyone would probably leave.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Why feed their egos by making them feel important? The best result you can hope for is that they don't badmouth you to your family and friends and tell them that they should shun you .... but that's unlikely.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I have been out for about 28 years now and it was just a few years ago that I sent a letter to the last KH I attended DA myself from the religion ,in my mind I was DF the organization .

But I wouldn`t be surprised if they turned it around and DF me instead.

That`s what sneaky bastards they can be.

To each his/her own I guess ,whatever makes you happy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit