Special Talk

by EmptyInside 30 Replies latest jw friends

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Bro Griffin is not GB member, but maybe a good candidate for token AA on the GB when Sam Herd dies.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Ok, this might be a good thing. After the video, the entire talk is about giving money. I hope this waters a seed of doubt within my husband. "Memorial" special talk my a$$! It's a "tithing" talk.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Holy shit the Watchtower corporation is in serious trouble they have to be to go this new low in bull shit from a delusional group of brain dead idiots that are unashamed of it.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

How has this article helped you?

OMG what a fucking self serving and self assuming question to ask during a WT study. Brain dead logic at it worst.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

How does the Organization use the money donated?

(Only scripted, comments please)

Only in the most untransparent ways so nobody not even the government knows because it's hiding behind a religion. A full fledged JW would never question the GB for how they spend the money as that would be a sign of some sort of apostacy. I think this very public announcement should indicate an inspection of finances is dully warrented? I think so all tax exempting governments can use this video as justable cause to investigate, by reason of brain washed abandonment of reasonable inspection of seeing from a detailed perspective and instead just acceptance of leadership.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

To be clear: The special talk didn't have anything about money in it, just a basic Christian message for the most part (because it's for the public). What you're hearing about money just happens to be the Watchtower study for that week, the talk itself is only 20-something minutes.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Neat blue dog, I get that the special talk was about" who really is Jesus" and I wrote a few notes about that. Jesus gave material help to others all the time. It was a WT study after the video of the special talk from HQ. Is this different for each congregation? I thought it was the same for each congregation, each weekend? This was labeled as the Special talk for this Sunday.If my Husband stayed for that , wow I hope he did.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Sorry but I just couldn't resist those WT questions they were so infantile and blatantly dishonest I just couldn't.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

OMG the questions make my stomach turn, the responses are so elementary, so scripted, so Non thinking....

One guy in the beginning was talking in a thinking way about the money, and I noted the person at the podium quickly hushed him, and said " we can talk about that at a later date".

• skin
    skin

Terry O'Brien did this special talk for us in NZ, and most likely in Australia too. I couldn't get out of my head his performance at the ARC.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit