Is it just me ? 2 threads debating page after page with one individual ?

by smiddy 18 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy
    smiddy

Is it just me who doesnt see the point of this ? From time to time we see some individual who takes up page after page arguing his or her point of view and it usually ends up with only 2 or 3 individuals who keep the talkfest going with a particular individual and nobodys getting anything out of it .

Why bother ? Why get sucked in to such a pointless dialogue ? 120 pages , 150 pages or whatever 2 or 3 people going over and over the same claptrap as they have from page 1 , I dont get it !

Is it just me ? who doesnt get it ?

Especially when its an obvious apologist who is violating his/her own religions counsel to even be on here.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

2 threads debating page after page with one individual ?.....Smiddy

Sometimes it serves a purpose..

A WBT$ Apologist can show how lame WBT$ Arguments are..

WBT$ Apologists are the absolute "WORST ADVERTISING" the WBT$ could get..

Let them run their mouth,then introduce them to reality ..

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

point taken Smiddy from now on instead of biting I will hit the dislike button instead no fuel the fire goes out

• just fine
    just fine

Sorry - I got sucked in, I usually stay away from those.

• pbrow
    pbrow

I agree w/ outlaw... Those posts can play a critical role for lurkers who dont quite have the courage to start posting or asking questions themselves. When I was a lurker for my first few months here, those are the posts that I read from the 1st to the last page. They give all the superficial answers that I already had to "tough" questions. Questions that are blown away by the extremely well thought out and pointed answers of our fellow posters. I dont care if the questions are genuine or just trolls but they help out the still afraid and "fading" class of jw doubters.

I personally dont need or read all of them anymore but many new / lurkers do. Posters like "standfirm", "a beleiver" do a great service to our members and future members.

pbrow

• oppostate
    oppostate
    and nobodys getting anything out of it .

Well, at least Simon is getting some google ad revenue out of it, and that helps the board stay afloat.

💲

• life is to short
    life is to short

I used to when I first started and I usually now just ignore them, they are just really a waste of my life, the saying those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still.

I do have to admit I just got into it with a poster who was trying to throw a wet blanket on the thread started by BoC about the law firm putting up the ad's. To me this is just really important and if this guy succeeds in scary people from even trying,which really appears to be his goal it just makes me crazy. The subject of the pedophiles is so close to me that for someone to try to stop it like he is coming off as doing makes me lose it. I do agree that it is just a huge waste of time to debate them.

LITS

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    lifeistoshort: To me this is just really important and if this guy succeeds in scary people from even trying it which really appears to be his goal it just makes me crazy. The subject of the pedophiles is so close to me that for someone to try to stop it like he is coming off as doing makes me lose it. I do agree that it is just a huge waste of time to debate them.

Yes, a thread like the one you mentioned is a significant thread and people like RO, once they decide to throw a wet blanket on it, can cause those who read his posts to have doubts and fall back into the Watchtower rationales and thought patterns. I, too, feel it is a huge waste of time to try to debate with Richard, however...I think the same way as Outlaw and others, it isn't RO we are arguing with - we are taking a stand against the Watchtower excuses for their vile behavior. RO is simply spouting all the nonsense he has been spoon fed by the WTS.

RO isn't RO per se - he represents all those dumb ass lawyers that the WTS has employed in slave labor to them. Arguing with RO is like getting a chance to debate with one of those suits that we saw sitting behind Angus Stewart at the ARC. RO represents those WT lawyers who made complete fools out of themselves.

Yes, Smiddy - RO's threads are annoying as hell - but I think they serve a purpose. For you, that purpose could be just learning to walk away when those kind of threads pop up. You don't have to read them and you don't have to participate. But it is perfectly fine to bitch about it too! Whatever kicks your turtle, Smiddy

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

After a page or two, those threads serve no purpose. It doesn't take 12+ pages to unveil who a person is and their motives. It's more just a battle of ego at a point. It can be hard to walk away though.

• Landy
    Landy
    From time to time we see some individual who takes up page after page arguing his or her point of view and it usually ends up with only 2 or 3 individuals who keep the talkfest going with a particular individual and nobodys getting anything out of it .

This is the internet. That's what it's for. That and pictures of kittens obviously.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit