New Zealand - JWs head to court on Abuse in Care Inquiry - RNZ news story

by EasyPrompt 36 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• jhine
    jhine

I cannot believe what l have just read .

Jan from Tam

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

The WTS argument seems to be that they did not provide facilities where such abuse could have occurred, so they cannot be a part of the inquiry.

That's not what the inquiry is about, is it? I assume it's the same as the ones in different countries, where they are saying that the WTS did not do enough to protect children from such predators, or do enough when they learned of such abuse. This is not the same as saying they are liable because abuse happened in facilities they managed or controlled.

It is a bad look for them.

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

John 10:12,13

"The hired man,

who is not a shepherd

and to whom the sheep do not belong,

sees the wolf coming

and abandons the sheep and flees—

and the wolf snatches them and scatters them—

because he is a hired man

and does not care for the sheep."

Identifying mark of WTBT$ = 🤑🤑🤑

Matthew 7:15

"Be on the watch for the false prophets who come to you in sheep’s covering,

but inside they are ravenous wolves."

"It is a bad look..."
  • karter
    karter

I live in New Zealand and can give them many names of Child sex offenders.

Karter.

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

Three minute audio interview with former Jehovah's Witness elder turned advocate Shayne Mechen...

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/1278-morning-report-31125576/episode/jehovahs-witness-leaders-to-appear-in-125238667/

• Earnest
    Earnest

Section 17.4 of the New Zealand Royal Commission of Inquiry gives the definition of what "in the care of faith-based institutions" means. It refers to where a faith-based institution assumed responsibility for the care of an individual and ...

Subsection (ba) for the avoidance of doubt, a faith-based institution may assume responsibility for the care of an individual through an informal or pastoral care relationship. An informal or pastoral care relationship includes a trust-based relationship between an individual and a person with power or authority conferred by the faith-based institution, where such a relationship is related to the institution’s work or is enabled by the institution’s conferral of authority or power on the person:

As the "authority or power" of all elders is conferred either directly or indirectly by the faith-based institution of Jehovah's Witnesses, I cannot see that exemption from the Inquiry will be granted.

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

from talk "Seth Hyatt: Successful Fighters for the Faith—Those Being Raised by Single Parents", shows elders spend time with youth in congregation oriented settings and also shows who is in authority position in those settings...

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/2021Convention/pub-co-r21_127_VIDEO

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

from November 2019 "Meeting Workbook" - WTBT$ demanding full submission by all congregation members (including children) to JWBorg elders by misapplying scriptures to say the JWBorg elders are under full control of Jesus (when in context the scriptures clearly show the "stars in Jesus' hand mean angels" not the JWBorg elders)...

https://www.jw.org/en/library/jw-meeting-workbook/november-2019-mwb/meeting-schedule-november18-24/i-know-your-deeds/

Revelation 1:20

"As for the sacred secret of the seven stars that you saw in my right hand and of the seven golden lampstands: The seven stars mean the angels of the seven congregations, and the seven lampstands mean the seven congregations."

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Just wondering did anybody get the opportunity to attend the court hearing in Wellington, on the 10th of October.

• skin
    skin

New Zealands TV3 newshub this evening had this on their news, so it has now had mainstream media coverage.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit