How Should Houses of Worship Protect Themselves Against Shooters?

by minimus 25 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Is there a way?

These madmen go into soft areas knowing they only will have firepower to inflict their damage. I think people better start thinking ahead about what they can do to protect themselves.

• minimus
    minimus

( I guess not going to a house of worship would be a good start huh?)

• Atlantis
  • ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

I think forearmed is best and :

1. installing security cameras

2.hire security officers to perform access control.

Protective/Guard Services

The general categories here (in frequency of use) are:

Day-to-day facility/campus security guards.

Dedicated to property management, access control, people management and incident response.

Special event security.

Higher-level services for special events, Holidays, weddings, parties and more. An officer with a concealed weapon.

3.should have more comprehensive procedures that also include active intruder response, suspicious package response and more.

4. security training for non-security personnel.

The basics you’ll want to cover are emergency response and general security awareness. It’s also useful to cover things like verbal compliance and verbal management of aggressive behavior.

5.Get to know your local law enforcement agency, get to know the captain, the lieutenants, the sergeants and the patrol officers. Offer your facility during off-hours (usually overnight) for them to train in. Make it known to the patrol officers that they can drop by any time they need a bathroom break or a cup of coffee (trust me, this one is going to be very appreciated).

Not only will the regular presence of law enforcement officers provide a good preventive security measure but when you have a security incident, you’ll find them very responsive and familiar with your facility or campus.

Zing
  • ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Last but not the least never to announce/advertise special events to the general public but should be privately shared to members only perhaps.

Zing

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

In the case of Poway, an armed congregant (an off-duty Border Patrol officer) ran the killer off, body armor notwithstanding. The agent fired on and hit the get-away car, but apparently did not harm the perpetrator. Moral of the story: mass shooters are, at heart, bullies: aggressive chickens who quickly flee any victim who offers meaningful resistance.

• careful
    careful

Zing,

"never to announce/advertise special events to the general public but should be privately shared to members only." But that's the opposite of WTS public preaching and open invitation policy. There must be a real tension in the minds of the "Holy Eight" (GB) between wanting to protect the faithful and keeping an open (meeting-wise) organization. Hmmm...

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

The K H around here (US) now has locked doors during meetings and someone is stationed at the door to let people in. At first I thought it was creepy but now I think is is a good idea.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Someone close to me has concealed carry, he brings his gun to church.

• I believe in overlapping
    I believe in overlapping

Is there a way?

These madmen go into soft areas knowing they only will have firepower to inflict their damage. I think people better start thinking ahead about what they can do to protect themselves.

Yes there is a way to protect yourself from a church or house of worship shooting.

Stop going to church!

Have breakfast in bed on Sunday or whatever day you go to the house of worship.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/75/6d/e9/756de9e2656433650091f673e2b76aee--romantic-breakfast-breakfast-in-bed.jpg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit