Whatever happened to the Dirtclod.com issue?

by Elsewhere 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Scully
    Scully

The irony in this is that the WTS just won (again) the right for its members to go door-to-door on the basis of freedom of religion and freedom of speech in Blainville, Quebec, while at the same time they see no problem in supressing Jourles' freedom of speech in hosting internal WTS memos on his website.

Doesn't their attempt at putting a stop to Jourles' site infringe on his freedom of religion and his freedom of speech?

Love, Scully

• Euphemism
    Euphemism
    Doesn't their attempt at putting a stop to Jourles' site infringe on his freedom of religion and his freedom of speech?

Well, legally, no. Freedom of religion and freedom of speech are freedom from intervention by the government, not private organizations.

Ethically, of course, yes.

• cynicus
    cynicus

Is it just me or is dirtclod.com down once more... The domain is still listed as registered albeit by proxy, yet my DNS (and others) claim the domain is unknown right now. Jourles?

(c)

• Jourles
    Jourles

Oh jeezus, here we go again. Guess who notified my isp about the letters? And guess who pulled the website until these letters are straightened out? Dirtclod will be down yet once again until this gets sorted out. I am requesting the isp to fax the new letter from WT Legal now. I will post it once I receive it.

I really need an attorney to talk with my isp and WT legal. It is pointless because ALL isp's backdown once they receive notice of anything that remotely resembles copyright infringement. I know of one other website out there that has the letters posted right now. We need more of them to start hosting these. I am about through putting up with this crap. Not only does my isp block the website, they also cut off email....so if anyone has tried to reach me via email it probably is getting bounced.

• Andrew Farrell
    Andrew Farrell

Happy to host your site, or mirror it... or whatever you need. We've got servers in the USA and in Australia... and we control them 100%, so no ISP is going to shut them off.

Just say the word here, or email me at [email protected].

Cheers,
    Andy

• jgnat
    jgnat

This tug-of-war is fun to watch. Jourles, those links on copyright and corporate letters are priceless. You sure have done your homework!

• Jourles
    Jourles

Come to find out, my isp only received a PHONE CALL allegedly from the WTS. I drilled them with the DMCA rules showing them that WRITTEN notification is required to shut down a site. Needless to say they brought it back up pretty quick once I pointed that out to them. They are going to request from the WT yet another letter describing the alleged copyright infringing BOE letters in the gallery. We'll see what happens now.

• Aztec
    Aztec

Geez J, you're a tough cookie! I would've folded by now. Keep up the good work!

~Aztec

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

JOURLES FOR PRESIDENT !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit