"Just be yourself"

by StinkyPantz 23 Replies latest jw friends

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

Stinky -

Hon, what's kept you from sleeping? Is everything alright?

Lisa

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Arrow-

Oh I'm fine. . I just go through phases.

• minimus
    minimus

Stinky, as with a murderer, I would suggest that you NOT be yourself.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Trying to read the Watchtower always put me to sleep.... seriously. Even at the Sunday meeting.

• CruithneLaLuna
    CruithneLaLuna

I used to do forums and the like using my real name, but then I had to avoid bringing reproach on myself (old habit from my JW days), so I became this Cruithne guy, who lets the darker side of his personality "hang out" where all can see it. It's just an experiment, really, but so far I think I like the overall results.

He-whose-name-both-is-and-is-not...

Cruithne

• Aztec
    Aztec

That you George?

~Aztec/Carrie aka Aztecdune aka Sans Souci

• logansrun
    logansrun

"Be yourself." Well, I agree that isn't always the best of advice, although I think it could be for certain individuals under certain circumstances. "Be yourself" or "go with your gut feeling" when you have seen all sides to a situation and taken everything into account.

I think the great Bruce Lee can help us out with some wise words:

"If you pour water into a teapot, the water becomes the teapot. Pour water into a cup, the water becomes the cup. Now, water can either flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend."

And Jesus Christ according to the Gospel of Thomas:

"If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you."

I like that.

Bradley

• Valis
    Valis

If You Want to Sing Out, Sing Out Lyrics:

Well, if you want to sing out, sing out And if you want to be free, be free ’cause there’s a million things to be You know that there are And if you want to live high, live high And if you want to live low, live low ’cause there’s a million ways to go You know that there are Chorus: You can do what you want The opportunity’s on And if you can find a new way You can do it today You can make it all true And you can make it undo You see ah ah ah Its easy ah ah ah You only need to know Well if you want to say yes, say yes And if you want to say no, say no ’cause there’s a million ways to go You know that there are And if you want to be me, be me And if you want to be you, be you ’cause there’s a million things to do You know that there are Chorus Well, if you want to sing out, sing out And if you want to be free, be free ’cause there’s a million things to be You know that there are You know that there are You know that there are You know that there are You know that there are
    I saw this movie the other day...and this thread reminded me of the Cat Stevens song...
    this one and Trouble have been stuck in my head ever since..*LOL*
    cover

Sincerely,
    District Overbeer
  • tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

oh my lord, my most hated movie of all time!!!!! :P

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

too many thoughts of mom brought back by that movie tink?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit