Guess what I just did

by ignorance is strength 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• Vita Nuova
    Vita Nuova

Congratulations!

Just like Ravyn, I also went through RCIA about a year and a half ago. It really took. I loved it. I pray that your experience will be as remarkable as mine was.

Vita Nuova

• Panda
    Panda

IIS, You weren't baptized --- just walk away. There's no need to formally leave an organization you never actually joined. Best wishes on your journey.

• Francois
    Francois

You've already gotten the best advice: don't write any letters to any JWs for any reason. Once you do, you've acknowledged that they have or had authority over you. Don't play by their rules. Do the thing that makes them the maddest: be silent.

Frank

• justhuman
    justhuman

It was a very good decision that you had to make. I'm very happy for you and for the people on this board who took this kind of decisions. You will get supprise how do other religions(not cults) are acting with their members...

When I decided to go through the teachings ad dogmas of the Greek Orthodox Church I was very suprised to see how different was and that the WT really was telling us half truths. But what make me accept the Orthodox Church was the Apostolic beging of the Church and the succesion of the Apostoles. The New Testament was written in greek and I was happy to read the original writtings with the no need for someone to explain it (or even make a bad translation like the NWT)to me and tell what should I believe. The WT it is really the one who brake familiew and friendships.

Now I'm running a web side helping Greek JW's to come back to the Church that our Lord Christ has established 2000 years ago.

• mizpah
    mizpah

Justhuman:

Isn't this the same claim made by the Roman Catholic church?

• justhuman
    justhuman

mizpah

The differences between the Roman Catholic and the Orthodox are many...but in the Orthodox we have the synodic system that does not allow one person to have control over the Church. We have an Archibishop and he is acting just like James did in Acts 15.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit