The Blood Workbook - HLC handbook

by OrphanCrow 11 Replies latest watchtower medical

• OrphanCrow
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

I lost some of that post...

If this is the handbook that the HLC uses in 'helping' a JW come to an informed decision, I can see why the JW father in the article that Lee Elder posted felt like he had been under 'undue influence'.

This book is a mixture of Watchtower directed 'medical/scientific' advice and religious myth and superstition.

A conscience matter indeed.

The WT has NO conscience. That matter needs to be addressed. They have blood on their hands

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Thank you, Orphan Crow.. an excellent resource....marking this thread for later.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Did a Christian of the first Century have , or , any need for this information ?

Have true Christians , from the 1st century till the 19th Century , had any need for this whole blood , blood fractions ? complications ?

As regards the blood issue : The WT stance has always quoted the scripture blood should be poured out on the ground , and not used for any purpose .If you used blood and bone fertiliser in your garden you could be hauled before a judicial committee and if you continued to use it you could /would be disfellowshipped.

So how in the world can the WT /JW /GB , rationalise blood donated by unbelievers , processed in a laboratory into fractions that jehovahs witnesses in good standing can accept without recriminations..

I ask you .

The watchtower /Jehovahs Witnesses acknowledge they don`t get direct communication with Jehovah or the Angels , but rely on Holy spirit .

Jehovah communicated directly /and by his Angels in the first 4000 years of human history and he doesnt see fit to communicate with his chosen people in such a tumultous time as the Great Tribulation and Armageddon ?

These are two issues here that certainly do not add up..

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Hi OrphanCrow!

This appears to be the latest HLC handbook (pdf download)

Firstly, I respect you, this is not personal and I know you have a strong medical interest.

What makes you think that this PDF is "the latest HLC handbook" ?

• It is on a defunct website about home schooling that last references the 2013-14 school year

• The PDF itself dates from Saturday 14 September 2013

The PDF apears to be purely rehashed Kingdom Ministry and Watchtower articles with cross-references, most recently from 2006, plus a couple of diagram, the only 'unique' thing seems to be the single page at the end from the 'Gale Encyclopedia of Medicine'.

There is nothing on the PDF to indicate any association with any 'HLC' etc etc.

I suspect that this is purely the work of an over-zealous person back in 2013 thinking they're being helpful by pulling together a few WT articles

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/123261/km-insert-how-do-view-blood-fractions-complete-scan-pdf

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    darkspliver: What makes you think that this PDF is "the latest HLC handbook" ?

Because it contains all the information that an HLC person would use for making decisions about "conscience matters" and because it obviously isn't a 'regular' WT publication

And okay...so it might not be the "latest" in technical terms...but it is the latest one I have seen. 2013 isn't that long ago

I suspect that this is purely the work of an over-zealous person back in 2013 thinking they're being helpful by pulling together a few WT articles

Ah...so...like a school project.

Thanks for your input, but I am going to go with my suspicions on this one instead of your suspicions...no hard feelings

Did it occur to you that this "workbook" may very well be just that - a 'workbook' used to train the HLC guys? Maybe it isn't what they use directly with the JW patients...maybe this is one their training tools

But, then again...we may never know the source of this handbook, seeing as all that HLC stuff is so secret

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Did it occur to you that this "workbook" may very well be just that - a 'workbook' used to train the HLC guys? Maybe it isn't what they use directly with the JW patients...maybe this is one their training tools

oh dear - way too many 'mays', but

Well it's interesting that, apart from the last page, it includes only readily available printed material that all can relatively easily obtained - and are the articles that basically should be reviewed before filling in the 'old style' blood/advance directive, namely...

The basis for the 'workbook' would appear to be the two Kingdom Ministry inserts -

• KM Nov 2006 - How Do I View Blood Fractions and Medical Procedures Involving My Own Blood?
    • KM March 1991 - Are You Ready to Face a Faith-Challenging Medical Situation?

The above are availlable as 'reprints' for elders to download and should be given to all newly baptised publishers (we know that because of the S-139, but, oh wait......)

Interesting that the 'workbook' doesn't appear to include:

• S-55 How Parents Can Protect Their Children From Misuse of Blood - S-55

• OKM Dec 2005 “Could Your Child Make a Mature Decision?”

So, in summary, interesting.....interesting for what it excludes, for a training workbook

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Thank you so much for supplying all those links.

I really appreciate it

The HLC material is elusive and not readily available

I have found historic documents produced by the WT to be used by their hospital committees that does not include ownership 'stamps' of any kind or copyright publication notices

So, when I encounter a piece of literature or publication that has the "look" and content of what I expect to see as HLC 'format" but may not quite pass the credential standards...I throw out a hook...

Thank you so, so much for the information. I have been hoping someone had some better and more stuff than I can uncover

*to add - I thought the Blood Workbook looked a little skimpy...but then I thought maybe it was just that pocket sized edition, so they didn't have to have all those bulky, bulky files to chose from. And this one is handy...with all the spiritual advice in one easy to access spot...

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

no worries, FYI there is also

I didn't include the following link, because I presumed you already had it

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Actually, now that I am taking a look at what you posted, darkspliver, that material is directed to the elders to use, right?

We aren't quite on the same page but I think I am the one mistaken and you are right...the material isn't really HLC material - it is the material the HLC gives to the elders to use.

Because, in actuality, the HLC material is far, far bulkier.

Have you seen this?

https://bibliovirtual.wordpress.com/2008/10/15/guia-de-ahorro-de-sangre-en-el-hospital-de-torrevieja/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit