Comparing WT Library - 2011 vs. 2012

by MeanMrMustard 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Code ZIP: Here

MMM

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Watchtower 2011-10: evidently they messed up with history and chronology...again.

History changed from

If Ahasuerus was Xerxes I, the money might have made Haman’s offer more appealing. Xerxes lost a fortune in his disastrous war against the Greeks, evidently before his marriage to Esther.

to

If Ahasuerus was Xerxes I, the money might have made Haman’s offer more appealing. Xerxes needed a vast store of funds to carry out his long-proposed but ultimately disastrous war against Greece.
  • Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Thanks again MMM!

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

PDF version currently on jw.org

Watchtower 1 October 2011, page 21, 2nd footnote

"Xerxes lost a fortune in his disastrous war against the Greeks, evidently before his marriage to Esther."

CD ROM and wol.jw.org versions

Watchtower 1 October 2011, page 21, 2nd footnote

"Xerxes needed a vast store of funds to carry out his long-proposed but ultimately disastrous war against Greece."

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@darkspilver:

That would be another interesting project: to pull the contents of wol. Judging by the structure, it looks similar, but not exact. I wonder if WT would detect massive traversal hits on their site and shut it down.

MMM

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

@MMM,

I have previously harvested the WOL contents from JWOrg. They didn't shut me down :-)

So I guess harvesting PDF will also not be a problem.

• keinlezard
    keinlezard

Hello,

Great Work :) thank you ... I'm interested by the code ... some years ago I've tried to decrypt file ( pub file from WT )to do same work in french.

Another Idea will be comparing between different language ... WT lib and Jw.org ...

and another one will be to compare through time the content of jw.org ... for example I remember a publication with rama singh false citation ... this publication disapear from jw.org ... and on the CD produce after this .. """"correction"""" jw can say "WT never says that your are liars" ... ( in fact I have save the two pdf )

I believe it's not really encrypted but in fact it's a file specific file format some mix of indexed file and compression

Greetings

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@Anders Andersen,

It would be interesting to see how much a publication from, say, 1980 has changed since the original version. But that sounds like another big project... ha ha.

MMM

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@keinlezard:

I don't see why you couldn't dump the french version of the WT library with the program. I think it would work with any language.

If you have a way to traverse wol.jw.org, and you had it constantly looping through (slowly of course), looking for anything different.. that would neat. I think at that point you would need to introduce a database of change history.

MMM

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

MMM:

Nice work! Are you able to tell what language the WT Library was written in?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit