Bible contradictions.

by pleaseresearch 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• pleaseresearch
    pleaseresearch

What are your biggest, funniest, scariest, etc...

Wait WT says there are non hahahah

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

GOD is love....

• EverApostate
    EverApostate
    James Mixon That's the biggest contradiction. Well said in just 3 words!!!
  • venus
    venus

“The one who sins is the one who will die. The child will not share the guilt of the parent, nor will the parent share the guilt of the child. The righteousness of the righteous will be credited to them, and the wickedness of the wicked will be charged against them.” (Ezekiel 18:20)

Apostle Paul did not know about this; hence he devised something against this in Romans 5:12-21 without thinking there exists an avalanche of proofs against this. We find variety of people acting/reacting differently in same situation: Some do more righteous acts, some do more sinful acts, and others mix them in varying degrees, one-time sinners changing into saints, one-time saints changing into sinners, some very poor people who refuse to steal, and some very wealthy people who steal in various ways… etc. This shows people choose to act the way they like which means they are not sinners from birth—resulting in all sorts of people from sinless to the sinful ones. Interestingly, even Bible makes many references to some sinless persons who lived in the ancient times (Genesis 5:24; Job 1:8; Psalm 18:23; Ezekiel 14:14; Luke 1:6 …etc.) and human capacity to perform righteousness. (Habakkuk 2:4; Hebrews 10:38)

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

God is all powerful...unless his enemies have chariots of iron. Judges 1:19

• freddo
    freddo

Good catch truth_b_known.

I love this community! Fifty years a JW and I learn new things here I never heard of before!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Contradictions in the Bible? Many, many. Just a small sample below

Compare 2 Samuel 24:1-16 and I Chronicles 21:1-17. In the same story there's three contradictions in less than one page..

The first one, right at the beginning WHO DID IT? God or Satan.

Second contradiction: HOW MANY YEARS OF FAMINE? 7 or 3

Third contradiction: HOW MANY MEN? 1,570,000 or 1,300,000

Bonus: Forth contradiction: GOD IS LOVING AND JUST (This, I am sure can be found somewhere in the Bible implicitly or explicitly). Really? Is he loving? Is he just? Not only does God is angry at David for doing the Census, which God caused him to do in the first place, but also "punished David" for doing God's bidding by killing 70,000 innocent people.

Summary.

GOD: "David do a census"

(David does it)

DAVID: "I did"

GOD: "You are bad boy. Choose punishment famine, your enemies pursue you, or plague"

DAVID: "I take the famine"

God kills 70,000 (none of them was David)

Good job God!!!!

Normally, contradiction presupposes two sentences spoken at two difference occasions. But Bible’s contradictions are so famous and numerous that it has even one sentence that contradicts itself! (as in saying: I saw a square-circle)

No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man.”—John 3:13

It means only Jesus who descended from heaven has gone into heaven, no one else has gone into heaven! Jesus ascended into heaven at the end of his ministry, after his death. Hence how could he say he has ascended into heaven at the start of his ministry?

When Jesus met the person whom he had miraculously cured in the past, he said: “Later Jesus found him at the temple and said to him, “See, you are well again. Stop sinning or something worse may happen to you.”—John 5:14.

Here Jesus clearly declares sin brings misery; and repeated sinning will bring worse misery.

Now read John 9:1-3

“As he went along, he saw a man blind from birth. His disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?” “Neither this man nor his parents sinned,” said Jesus, “but this happened so that the works of God might be displayed in him.”—John 9:1-3

Here Jesus not only contradicts what he said in John 5:14 that one’s sin brings misery; but also presents God as a psychopath, as if God creates people with disabilities “so that the works of God might be displayed in him.”

The above two are just sample of contradictions. But truth of John 9:1-3 is that Jesus will not say such things—hence obviously it is interpolation intended to put into Jesus’s mouth some supposed proof against re-incarnation as Jesus had already spoken in favour of it in Mathew 11:14

GE 22:1-12, DT 8:2 God tempts (tests) Abraham and Moses.
    JG 2:22 God himself says that he does test (tempt).
    1CO 10:13 Paul says that God controls the extent of our temptations.
    JA 1:13 God tests (tempts) no one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB3g6mXLEKk

• venus
    venus

punkofnice

"No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man.”—John 3:13

It means only Jesus who descended from heaven has gone into heaven, no one else has gone into heaven! Jesus ascended into heaven at the end of his ministry, after his death. Hence how could he say he has ascended into heaven at the start of his ministry?"

Nice point and perfect reasoning.

This shows writers were not thoughtful of what they were saying.

Even when they speak about major subjects such as death, they are drawn by human thinking. For example, death is a curse or punishment for Bible writers whereas the truth is that death is a blessing, like a speed-breaker on road. What if there is no death, if one goes on growing more and more vibrant physically, perfecting his skills and talents, and even growing in money power, influence ….etc.? He would probably behave like King David described in the Bible stealing anybody’s wife after killing her husband, or like Kim Jong-un …Because, when the body is in upward growth, people in general, tend to grow in desires and self-importance, and when the body is in reverse growth towards complete collapse and thus experience suffering, people in general begin to lose the basis for keeping their desires and self-importance. Thus suffering and death teach us this great lesson: to feel self-important is meaningless.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Charles Taze Russell agreed there are mistakes in the Bible.

There are certain parts of the Bible that are purely historical. The Books of Kings and Chronicles and the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, are purely historical, and there is no particular need of inspiration in regard to these, unless it would be that divine providence would guide them so that they would not leave out what should be in. But where a history is written, it is not of necessity that it should be inspired, because all truth is good. If Saint Matthew, for instance, wrote that Jesus said thus and so, he is merely telling what he heard, what he knew to be the facts. He did not need to be inspired to tell the truth, any more than you need to be inspired to go out of here and tell what I have said: you should tell it straight; so there is no need of any inspiration about it. Now, I would say there are passages in Kings and Chronicles where evidently an error has been made. These are historical books, and there are little slips somewhere in the way the thing has been recorded. Both books cover the same period of time, but one gives it a little different from the other. We may see some day just how they can be harmonized, but at present we do not.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Venus - to feel self-important is meaningless.

Yes. I agree 100%.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit