Cyber equality/Pretty boys lose their edge

by Maverick 27 Replies latest social relationships

• Maverick
    Maverick

I was thinking today about a certain poster who seems to have a hard time dealing with anyone who does not embrace his point of view. He appears to be one of those big, very good looking men who is use to having people pander to him. Y-all know the type, pretty-boy, who the ladies, starting with momma, always think is wonderful no matter what stupid thing he does or says. Has his cronies follow him around telling him he's great! And any man that does not suck up to him has to watch out lest he incure the wrath of our hero.

But the rules are different on the net. Generally, all the ladies get treated very well. Men will treat them well because all women are possible conquests until proven otherwise. And the men are treated kinda average. And for most of the men here that is fine. The only people who lose out are the pretty boys. It is their very physical presence that gives them their edge. They come on line and get no special treatment, a totally foreign experiance for them, and this blows them away! They act like big babies and pout and throw fits and we tell them to get over it! They can't deal with it and storm off into the sunset telling themselves what jerks we all are!

Well what do you think? Do I have something here, or am I full of do-do? Maverick

• m0nk3y
    m0nk3y

I TAKE OFFENSE !!!

Your all jerks !!!

*storms off into the sunset*

monk3y

PS you all love my pretty boynessness

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Well, it would be nice to believe, but unfortunately, I think you're full of sh..sh...sh......shop dust!

Women whose avatars are attractive, get treated better (ie: as if they were, smarter, nicer, etc), and the same goes for men for the most part. I would agree that the men will at least only be treated equal at best by the other men, whereas women suck up to other women as much as men do. Women are trained from infancy to suck up to both sexes.

I think there is nothing funnier than seeing someone treated like royalty based on an avatar they've borrowed, lol.

I have a certain disgust for seeing a poster attributed wonderful personality qualities based primarily on others' perception of what they look like. And, while I certainly like to flirt with a pretty woman, on occasion I run across someone who strikes me as using their profile pic as a cover for their lack of character. Unfortunately, shallow people that we are, it is all to easy for them.

They come on line and get no special treatment, a totally foreign experiance for them, and this blows them away! They act like big babies and pout and throw fits and we tell them to get over it! They can't deal with it and storm off into the sunset telling themselves what jerks we all are!

I must agree, this is fun to watch; a little sad too. But, I can't see that I've notice it being more prevalent behaviour from "pretty boys". Maybe I wasn't noticing.

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82
    PS you all love my pretty boynessness

i for one adore your pretty boyness! :P

• Hamas
    Hamas

Who is this Don Mafioli you speak of, mein heir ?!

• rocketman
    rocketman
    He appears to be one of those big, very good looking men

Mav, you must be referring to me!

• Vivamus
    Vivamus
    someone who strikes me as using their profile pic as a cover for their lack of character.

*snif*

Please don't be so mean to me

-

And the world shall tremble in the wake of the Blue Bubblegum
    Dutch District Overbeer

• rocketman
    rocketman

Or perhaps you refer to Muhammad Ali, who always maintained his prettiness to the public.

• rocketman
    rocketman

I'd agree that the Net levels the playing field to a certain extent.

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Ahhh finally this means I can show myself and be treated as an equal.

Here I am ...

If you think this was bad, imagine if I posted my real picture!!!

Uzzah

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit