1950 Watchtower Bound Volume now Complete!

by Atlantis 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Atlantis
    Atlantis
    The 1950 September 15th Watchtower is now complete and this will finish the 1950 Watchtower Bound Volume. A big thank you to Jaydee for all of his hard work of scanning the Watchtowers into JPG files which I received and converted into PDF files and made them searchable. Jaydee worked day and night to get these files finished for us and I really appreciate his kindness.
    We only had to darken out one name on one shipping label. Next will be the 2009 Watchtower Bound Volume which I will be receiving in postal mail to complete that project. I may need to check into a 2009 Awake because I think that still needs to be scanned for avoidjw.
    The good people over at avoidjw might not have the 1950 September 15th issue posted yet, so you can download it below
    1950 September 15th.
    http://avoidjw.org/watchtower-awake-magazines/the-watchtower-1950/ ;
    Atlantis!
  • Listener
    Listener
    This is an amazing effort. Thanks to all involved including JayDee and yourself.
  • Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

One small suggestion: instead of redacting shipping labels with black, while the files are still jpgs, use Paint to "white out" the forbidden information. Or... create a bogus shipping label to cut-n-paste over real labels.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Pardon my ignorance , but what is the point of producing all these bound volumes ? from years ago !?

The excuse of J.W.`s is , it does not matter what was printed years ago , that`s " old truth " what we have now currently is the "new truths " because the light gets brighter every day

Jehovah`s Witnesses are not interested in what was published years ago , it is only what the G.B. is saying today that counts.

And in a couple of years time that wont count either , because their will be new revelations , new truths to be considered .

I hope all your hard work has not been in vain , maybe I`m missing something , clue me in .

smiddy

• jaydee
    jaydee
    Hey there Smiddy,
    how's it going.
    do you remember Don Chipp's famous quote,''keep the bastards honest' ?
    having access to all of their litriture is the only way to stop them from rewriting history.. as they love to do .
    from time to time they do seem to quote from an old issue about something , You know, Brother Russell said this or that, Rutherford said this and that . The Watchtower predicted so and so...
    well now we can go back and see what was actually said .
    Remember this good advise from them...

Wt, 6/15/1985, pg 12,...for the purpose of getting the full depth of the thoughts explained...It requires digging deeper, putting forth effort to locate that older publication and then studying the pages...

I think that it's important to be able to read in context the embarrassing statements that the organization has made over it's history.
    Also , remember that they produce a wt cd library going back years, should the only thing on it be last weeks WT.
  • fastJehu
    fastJehu
    smiddy
    Pardon my ignorance , but what is the point of producing all these bound volumes ? from years ago !?

My 75 years old mother (second genereation JW) like to say:

"The WT never said this." For example - she says, the WT never said anything against higher education.

So I can show her the truth about the publications. Anyway - it doesn't matter to her.

• avoidjw
    avoidjw

@jaydee & @atlantis Thank you both for a job well done!

The magazines & volume for 1950 have now been updated.

http://avoidjw.org/watchtower-awake-magazines/the-watchtower-1950/

Also, we took out the shipping label altogether from the Sep 15 magazine. You'd hardly notice it was ever there ;)

This is the team effort that Jw org does not like to see. The whole purpose of shunning is to exclude individuals so that their only resort is to return to the organization. But the internet, and excellent forums like JWN is what helps us unite and make a positive impact on the exJW community.

Thank you for what you do!

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Thank you everybody!

Nathan Natas-- is a real expert with reproductions and every time he makes a suggestion I take note!

avoidjw--Great job! Looks much better!

Anyone have an extra 2009 Awake they can loan us? I can scan the needed issues and send it back to you. I'll pay for shipping both ways.

These materials are being scanned because the Watchtower can now click a mouse and change their history without any notice unless you have the original. If our efforts bring even one family back together then our work will not be in vain.

Many thanks!

Atlantis!

• freddo
    freddo

@Smiddy

When you are sat in front of elders (or trying to explain your chosen course to dearly deluded loved ones) and you point to there own publications for proof of what was said they cannot call your source "apostate". They may of course call it old light and then you can ask "what of today's light will be old light in the future?"

It gives legitimacy to an assertion you make about 1914/1925/1975/the generation/the work that would finish in "our 20th Century" etc etc. It gives a reason as to why you are no longer "whole-souled" to the organisation.

You cannot be disfellowshipped for showing them what "healthful words" were written in their own publications in the same way as you can for "quoting apostate sources".

Thank you Atlantis! Thank you very much.

• moggy lover
    moggy lover

I think we should all stand and raise our glasses to the tremendous effort it has taken all those responsible who provided such a valuable historical resource for researchers everywhere.

For the first time in history, and especially in our lifetime, the entire corpus of Watchtower magazine literature has been made available, free to all who need it and in one sustainable package. It has taken almost 20 GB of digital information, collated into easy to read formats, and without even one syllable missing.

There is nothing hidden that will not be revealed.

Remember that the Watchtower is the chief theological journal of the Watchtower movement, and with its reduction to a digital format in the hands of a conniving Leadership it can, in later years, be edited to say what it needs to say.

Cheers, Atlantis and everyone responsible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit