Why do most Christians churches have masonic and/or pagan symbols?

by kabwell 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Has anyone looked at the local churches in their area and seen pagan and freemason symbols both inside and outside. I am not a JW but at least they don't seem to follow this trend.

And all this time I thought the church predated freemasonry.

You acknowledge that this is a cult in one post, but then say that you want to join to "learn the mindset." Then you say,

But I do see the jws as well as other cults closer to the teachings in the NT then most of the protestant and catholic sects

Have you actually read your expensive Bible collection? Are they all NWTs?

No wonder the JWs, WWCOG and its many splinters, Christadelphian and others attract so many followers.

Where the heck are you getting your data from... the Watchtower?

Does the bible say to worship images made of wood, stone or metal?

Uh... no, but get a picture of the adherents falling down in the street to worship the gargoyles at your local Celtic church.

Or to see Mary as a goddess ?

Mary is given respect as the mother of Christ in Catholicism. A lot more than most religions do for women and I'm not Catholic.

All have error in their teaching and all are money making businesses. ( think of the money lenders and stalls in the temple that Jesus went off at)

I guess your research hasn't uncovered the recent money grab of the WTS, huh?

Would any Christian give away everything to someone in need as Jesus did?

If that's the biblical standard you adhere to, you'll fit in nicely with the JWs. The Writing Department would welcome you with open arms.

Sorry - I can't sugar coat this. As a "non and never been a jw" who loves comparative religion, I think I'd be able to relate to at least ONE statement that was made.

I'm with you Carla... this guy's a JW.

• fukitol
    fukitol
    Agree. Definitely a trolling JW or former JW.
  • TD
    TD

Has anyone looked at the local churches in their area and seen pagan and freemason symbols both inside and outside.

Cart before the horse, my friend.

Masonry borrowed it's symbology from Christianity, not the other way around.

If Jesus was killed by a shotgun would we be wearing or worshipping that?

To my knowledge, there is no Christian religion that does not accept the sacraments of communion (emblems of memorial to JW's) as symbolic of Christ's flesh and blood. That (IMHO) is far more macabre....

It's pretty obvious that you are influenced by JW thought. Did you study with them at some point?

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    Why do most Christians churches have masonic and/or pagan symbols?

'Christian churches' didn't develop in a vacuum. Christianity is just another religion based on older 'pagan' superstitions. It's therefore entirely unsurprising that it recycles much of the same imagery. (And as has already been rightly pointed out, freemasonry later borrowed themes from Christianity, not the other way around.)

• pepperheart
    pepperheart
    Hi kabwell some info for you the worldwide church of god does not exsit any more,the guy who took over from herbet armstrong joseph tachk turned it into a bible beliving church now they have has lots of splinter groups who didnt agree with what joseph was doing so they have formed lots of little groups.
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose

Just about any image or symbol you can think of had some pre-christian use, there were people around for a long time before Christ and we are talking about very common shapes. What is important is what the person wearing the cross feels it represents, not what you feel it represents. The Watchtower tries to pick and choose what images and symbols are good and which are bad, wedding rings, which had pagan meaning are OK, the cross is bad. It's arbitrary on their part and hypocritical.

Stop judging other Christians.

• kaik
    kaik

I do collect watchtower books etc for their historical interest. I have a library of many thousands of books on religion, history, politics, ufos, conspiracy and bibles. I have bibles worth thousands of dollars each.

And you are trolling on this ex-JW forum for answer that can be find any publication related to history of pagan, Christian, and masonic symbols?

But I do see the jws as well as other cults closer to the teachings in the NT then most of the protestant and catholic sects..

How so? Because WT said it? JWs are not even Christians per see, they do not partake, have communion, or pray to Jesus. Jesus is mediator only for 144,000 from which majority had died 100 years ago and pertains it to couple thousands "chosen" one. JW are saved by association to WT cult, not through Jesus sacrifice.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

kabwell:

But I do see the jws as well as other cults closer to the teachings in the NT then most of the protestant and catholic sects

Hang on... you don't know that JWs are a "protestant sect"??

Protestantism --> Adventism --> Bible Student movement --> Jehovah's Witnesses.

Know your subject!!

• mana11
    mana11

Now they have a "CUBE" symbolism.

Special convention in Thailand. Photo shared by @i8xler8

Thailand Special Convention. Photo shared by @auroredag

Cube Worship of Saturn; http://www.nicholson1968.com/nicholson1968s-post/saturn-worshipthe-black-cube

Lest we forget caleb and sophia anointing the high priest;

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Everybody just loooooooooooves their symbology.

It's why Robert Langdon is, without a doubt, the greatest fictional character in literary history.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit