Child sexual abuse suspect arrested in T.O.

by Tahoe 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Tahoe
    Tahoe

https://www.vcstar.com/story/news/2018/12/13/child-sexual-abuse-suspect-arrested-t-o/2305199002/

A 69-year-old Thousand Oaks man facing multiple sexual abuse charges by the Ventura County District Attorney’s Office was arrested last week, authorities said.

Steven Skyler Abbott was arrested Dec. 6 after months of investigation into the reported sexual abuse of two Thousand Oaks girls, according to the Ventura County Sheriff’s Office.

In November, the Ventura County District Attorney’s Office filed multiple felony sexual abuse charges against Abbott, including two counts of continuous sexual abuse, one count of lewd acts upon a child and one count of forcible lewd acts upon a child.

He is also facing multiple felony enhancements and special allegations related to his charges.

The investigation began in September, when the sheriff’s agency received a report of suspected child crimes.

A 16-year-old victim alleged that she was sexually abused by Abbott when she was between the ages of 5 and 11, sheriff’s officials said.

Sexual assault unit detectives subsequently identified a second, 24-year-old victim who reported that Abbott had abused her when she was between the ages of 3 and 7, authorities said.

The sheriff’s agency said the victims and their families had come into contact with Abbott through the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah’s Witnesses in Newbury Park.

Investigators submitted their findings to prosecutors, who filed felony sexual abuse charges against Abbot on Nov. 16, officials said.

On Nov. 28, an arrest warrant was issued for Abbott.

The suspect was eventually arrested at his home on Dec. 6 and booked into Ventura County jail. He is being held on $250,000 bail and is due in Ventura County Superior Court on Dec. 27 for his arraignment, according to court and jail records.

Others who believe they are a victim of Abbott or who may have additional information were advised to contact Detective Darin Yanover at 805-494-8229.

• carla
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

And the Tide rises another inch.

• Confusedandangry
    Confusedandangry

I hope more victims continue to come forward. I wonder if he was an elder?

• Giordano
    Giordano

Another case of a WT failed policy.

As the public learns how the two witness rule and the WT's lazy enforcement polices allows these pedophiles to get away with their crimes....... for decades...... hiding in plain sight........ protected within the JW community.....the public will react as they do to the Catholic Church. It will not get better for these religions.

Did the Society really think they were protecting Jehovah's good name when they were actually protecting their brand and profits? They have made that name worthless.......... tarnished beyond repair.

Allowing pedophiles to function within the JW community means they also were allowed to function within the community at large. What householders who learn this is happening is going to open their door and happily greet a JW?

Religions fail from within....and so will the JW's.

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

Wow! Just a few miles from where I live!

Hope the SOB gets what he gave when he becomes a bitch for some inmate!!!

• jp1692
    jp1692

I was just about to post this!

Steve Abbott was a prominent elder in the area for many years, at least since the '80s.

He was obviously molesting these poor children while appointed as an elder. What a fucking hypocrite.

• jp1692
    jp1692

Hairtrigger, you have a PM

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

This dude looks familiar to me as well. Not sure where I've seen him. Maybe he's visited a congregation as an outside speaker where I attended...maybe he's been on a circuit or district part. His name also rings a bell!

Anyway...I would imagine WT's legal dream team have their work cut out for them. There's another $4+ million that the JW rank and file have to come up with.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

The following perverted logic of the WTBTS charlatans cannot be reasoned on, challenged or questioned by judicial committee elders:

If a JW paedophile denies raping a JW child and there are not two witnesses, you cannot do anything to him, so leave it in Jehovah's hands.

If two JW adults spend several hours under the same roof, but deny anything improper occurred, you can assume that fornication must have occurred. As such, hit them with both barrels. Two-witness rule not required here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit