Competition between The Watchtower and Awake!

by dydeonwl 10 Replies latest jw friends

• dydeonwl
    dydeonwl

Although The Watchtower and Awake are companions, but in terms of readers they have strong competition.They are also popular among whole Christian community.

Check the stats

https://tingtopten.com/2020/02/top-10-most-read-christian-magazines-of-2020/

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Well that tears it.....I'm going back !

After all everyone knows, magazine circulation is a sure fire way to identify the one true religion.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Most printed and then stored until trashed.

Not most read

And certainly not the thinkingestestest

• Simon
    Simon
    After all everyone knows, magazine circulation is a sure fire way to identify the one true religion.

LOL

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

1. The Watchtower

The Watchtower is not just the most read Christian magazine, it is world’s most circulated magazine in the world. Its total circulation is 93 million. This magazine is available in 369 languages. Jehovah’s Witnesses publishes two editions of this magazine i.e. Public and Study edition. Public edition of The Watchtower has limited number of pages but it is more popular than study edition. It is thought to be the best religious magazine of the world.

Addendum: Please remember to deduct from circulation numbers....numerous copies that are taken from literature counters to impress fellow members and stuffed in a field service bag and never handed out....magazines that are left sitting unread at Doctors offices, laundromats and apartment hallway counters....members who have one in hand but never reads, and magazines that are handed out in field service where magazines are thrown in trash can by a householder who will never join the religion.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

“It is thought to be MOST BESTEST ahem... it is thought to be the best magazine OF the world....”

yeah. That’s a real journalist and not a JW at all, is it?😒

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Back in 2005 and 2006, it became the most shredded rag. I got a paper shredder and shredded all my surplus rags, which turned into a lengthy project since there was more than 1 1/2 meters of these rags when stacked. Every single one of them wound up in the shredder, and my best guess is that it represented at least half the rags I picked up.

• alanv
    alanv

There is another thread about this subject. But any magazine that is given away free of charge is going to have a much higher printing than one where you have to pay for it.

• Half banana
    Half banana

It's not just the amazing numbers, what about the content?

Well the content is just amazing too. It is total gibberish to 99% of readers!

Only if you have had the free home lobotomy by the Watchtower Bible and Trap Society can you start to make use of the false promises the magazines contain.

• sir82
    sir82

They are also popular among whole Christian community.

If by "whole Christian community" you mean "the backs of closets of Jehovah's Witnesses, stacked up in piles of 50s & 100s", then yes, I absolutely agree with you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit