I dont understand why KH's are less attractive than churches

by nowawake14 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

The wt. Is a doomsday religion. They teach everyone except them is going to be killed by their God. While other religions teach all can be saved and go to heaven, have social programs and have fun holidays. There is nothing fun or social help going on in the borg. Nothing but fear and hate for others who are not them. Still Totally ADD

• Dmitry
    Dmitry

Because, the soul/age-old traditions is invested in the construction of churches, and KN - pure progmatism and, as it turns out, business! In church architecture after the sale, the fitness club can not be done)

• tiki
    tiki

Money....small beginnings....in the 50's they were mostly rented spaces on the third floor of downtown buildings...by the 60's there were enough people to fund buildings..but they had to be no frills...and nothing esthetically pleasing that could distract. Then they gradually got to the point where if a cong had more $$$ theyd have a "nicer" hall and that could foment competitiveness hence the quick build era....to even things out.....then...the hogs need the cash for their compound plus litigation...so you have the current mode.

• Room 215
    Room 215

If not ornate, there was a time in the 50s and 60s that many of the Kingdom Halls built by the then-relatively autonomous congregations with their own funds were quite attractive and showed some individuality.. that's all been wrung out of the organization.

• Dmitry
    Dmitry

I agree, independent projects were not standard. Until building committees intervened. For example, Kingdom Hall in my city Mariupol.

• scruffmcbuff
    scruffmcbuff

My belief is they are done so plan and practical for resale value/ adaptability.

The typical KH wouldnt need much imagination adapt and to be bought by a call center/office space/vets/doctors surgery/outlet store etc etc etc.

Where as an ornate church... dosnt really have alot of scope and puts the property in a niche market.

A shop or company name above the door wouldnt look out of place. Would you agree?

• Dmitry
    Dmitry

For sure! In Ukraine, in case of high-speed construction, only light internal partitions were specially made. Remove them and get a big empty room. Ideal for sale.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Attending a Kingdom Hall with its general lack of color, art, windows, and love combined with rigid rules for social interaction and group participation which gives the experience an over-all mechanical feel, reminds me of a sensory deprivation tank. Aside from the uncanny resemblance that both have to a toilet with you floating lifelessly in it; There are, in my opinion, other similar characteristics that may be conducive to creating an indoctrination-friendly environment.

Sensory Deprivation Tanks are also called isolation tanks, and are used for restricted environmental stimulation therapy (REST). It is a dark, soundproof tank that is filled with a foot or less of salt water.

The first tank was designed in 1954 by John C. Lilly, an American physician and neuroscientist. He designed the tank to study the origins of consciousness by cutting off all external stimuli.

Studies suggest time spent floating in a sensory deprivation tank may have some benefits in decrease in pain, and decreased stress and anxiety.

Think destruction of families for those critical of WT false prophecies.

Sensory deprivation effects

The water in a sensory deprivation tank is heated to skin temperature and nearly saturated with Epsom salt (magnesium sulfate), providing buoyancy so you float more easily.

As you float weightless in the silence and darkness, the brain is supposed to enter into a deeply relaxed state.

How many times have your fought dozing while at a meeting?

Sensory deprivation tank therapy is said to produce several effects on the brain, including hallucinations and enhanced creativity.

Nice!

Over the years, studies have shown that sensory deprivation does induce psychosis-like experiences.

A 2015 study divided 46 people into two groups based on how prone they were to hallucinations. Researchers found that sensory deprivation induced similar experiences in both the high- and low-prone groups, and it increased the frequency of hallucinations in those in the high-prone group.

A 2016 study of 46 people who self-reported generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) found that it reduced GAD symptoms, such as depression, sleep difficulties, irritability, and fatigue.

Think of the anxiety that needs to be disabled due to having to shun your loved ones in order to get eternal life.

The effect of sensory deprivation tank therapy on chronic pain has been confirmed by several studies. It is shown to be effective in treating tension headaches, muscle tension, and pain.

Will it make me happier?

There are many claims about flotation-REST causing feelings of overwhelming happiness and euphoria. People have reported experiencing mild euphoria, increased well-being, and feeling more optimistic following therapy using a sensory deprivation tank.

Others have reported spiritual experiences, deep inner peace, sudden spiritual insight, and feeling as if they were born anew.

Sensory deprivation tank cost

Your own home sensory deprivation tank can cost between $10,000 and $30,000. The cost for a one-hour float session at a flotation center or float spa ranges from about $50 to $100, depending on the location.

While you might not agree with all of my comparisons and conclusions , the fact remains that if you want to get your senses deprived, you can save a lot of money by just attending your local Kingdom Hall.

Medically reviewed by Timothy J. Legg, PhD,

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

Because they are so plain a jw who finally makes it inside a cathedral is blown away by the art, sculpture, etc. It has been the beginning of their journey out in some instances I am aware of, especially when they see the people attending have a strong connection to their community and also love one another.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Since the WTS strives to get people mentally indoctrinated (Brainwashed) to influence people to be loyal to them, they utilize its own publications to accomplish this intent. Kingdom halls are more reading centers where people are constantly reading literature the WTS publishes.

This is why its necessary to have bright lighting in Kingdom Halls, the reason why most have bright florescent lighting in comparison to dimly lit churches where people are most listening to someone speak from a podium.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit