My story

by PimoElder 45 Replies latest jw experiences

• PimoElder
    PimoElder

Can someone tell me how to reply to a message? I can’t see where to click on reply to a specific post?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    pimster - I have many good friends and I love the congregation

I think you'll find that despite them being good people at heart, their love is all conditional.

They'll drop you like a hot snag from a barbie if they find out about your duplicity.

If you exist in real life, that is.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Pimmy - Can someone tell me how to reply to a message?

If you mean like this.....

Copy paste the comment you wish to hone in onto then comment. Go back to the honed bit, highlight it then click on the

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    m staying in as I have many good friends and I love the congregation

Look you could get that at any club or association.

Isn’t the important thing to be true to yourself or as punkofnice put it, to be authentic.

What is it you actually believe?, speak to that at the hall. You owe it to the “good friends” you have there.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

I guess PimoElder likes the taste of the Kool-Ade.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Thanks everyone but just to be clear I’m not going to fade

im staying in as I have many good friends and I love the congregation

m really good people

but I know the GBody are wrong

sitting on the fence just risks splinters in your arse.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Thanks everyone but just to be clear I’m not going to fade im staying in as I have many good friends and I love the congregation m really good people but I know the GBody are wrong

Ahhh I remember those days. It's a slippery slope.

Makes you wonder what else the GB are wrong about.

• PimoElder
    PimoElder

I don’t want to fade, I like many many like all the good things about being in the congregation

m those of us who are PIMO enjoy all the good food and social life without being disappointed when Armageddon still hasn’t come when we get old

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

what good things? Are you telling us you stay in that crazy cult because others feed you ?

or are we feeding you ?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

We have a close friend who suggested that we "Just Fake It". They believe they are "using" their association in the Borg for their own benefit. Good friends. Sure they are "conditional" but as long as they see you as part of the IN group, the ones that are your friends will be there for you. If you "fade", they'll eventually abandon you. Our friend is pretty well off financially so they are in the clique with the "beautiful" JW crowd -- you know, the ones who take cruises and go out to the nice places, and wear nice clothes, and have boats and pools etc. And.....they are generally pretty "moral" people (don't debate it, you get to pick who you run around with) and thus are not crude or rude, etc.

Frankly, we do miss that "association" thing. We had LOTS of JW friends while we were IN. But we just cannot see "faking it", even for that. I'm sure that when some dumbass thing was said in the WT Study or "Bible Study" I'd get caught rolling my eyes or I might even LOL at some of the puke they're serving up these days. Then it would be the "Back Room" ass whooping or inquisition. (I guess I'm too much of my "authentic" self?) Additionally we have discussed that we would feel guilty if others who had doubts decided to stay IN because they saw that we "believed" -- so it must be OK. (Did you have some JW's you looked up to that way?)

But the final straw is: You have to do what is good FOR YOU.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit