is the watchtower cult the most hated religion ?

by stan livedeath 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

hated by many members of the public for their ( former ?) door knocking and preaching at the most inopportune times ( at work for instance )

hated by former members who are now shunned by family and former friends.

hated by thousands ( millions maybe ) of PIMOs who only stay for fear of losing wives / family friends.

can you name any religious cult thats even worse ?

• blondie
    blondie

No, most people have no idea who the WTS and jws really are and what they believe, except the following perhaps

Do not take blood transfusions

Do not celebrate holidays/birthdays

Do not salute the flag/participate in the military

After the shows on Scientology, I think that organization is worse, hires PIs to hunt down ex-members. So far, this is not a practice/policy of the WTS.

Many people who identify as Christians: not fans of Islam or Judaism, long history of both.

• sir82
    sir82

99.9% of the earth's population don't give more than 5 seconds thought per year to JWs. They don't know about, and don't care about, JWs.

So they are certainly not the "most hated".

There are much larger, much better known groups that incur much greater wrath. For example, there are millions of Christians who actively hate Muslims, millions of Muslims who active hate Christians, etc.

• millie210
    millie210

What's the opposite of love and hate? Indifference?

I think that is what most people feel about JWs - with maybe a little touch of "glad it's not me"

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete
    I'll agree with other posters, no one cares about JWs. The assumpsion is they are just another religion. Most hated right now has got to be Islam or some of the more rabid far right ones that keep making enemies with hate speech. The JWs were up there when they made a constant nuisance of themselves in the 20s-30s.
  • Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

The JWs are not the only cult who does what it does to its former members.

• LV101
    LV101

When ex-witnesses work in public places (like the malls) others hear about the evil shunning the WT practices and just can't believe. Most don't care about the religion but are negative re/their views on holidays, Birthdays, blood transfusions, views on education, etc., but they can't believe what they hear about shunning and their treatment of ex members.

What's with the Scientology psycho religion sending letters weekly? I've marked the envelopes "Return to Sender" and they send another one. My mailman walks the mail up to the door if there's any packages -- he said he'll not leave anymore. It's unreal. They use to call on the land line and they don't take no for an answer in a kind way.

• tiki
    tiki

They over rate themselves in the hate/persecution thing. Most people don't give a hoot about them other than annoyance on their doorstep...and that too is going the way of the dodo bird.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Given what they've gone through and the baseless accusations still leveled at them regularly I'd say the dubious honor of being the world's most hated religious group ought to go to the Jews. Some Muslims seem to be working hard to claim the title for their side, but given that antisemitism is essentially explicit in islam and implicit in christianity I think the Jews will hold the title for quite some time to come.

Jws are an annoyance at worst to most people since they only kill their own.

• rickroll
    rickroll

Scientologists only have a few hundred thousand people. JWs have around 8 million so they say. Take into account how many family members are affected and that number can go way up. But not sure its the most hated. I think Islam would be most hated in the west as its tied to terrorism most times. In the east it would most likely be Christianity at least in Muslim areas.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit