European Prospective 2017-2022

by sp74bb 12 Replies latest jw friends

• careful
    careful

Thanks for the share.

Some questions: 1. excuse my ignorance but what is this "new entity formed in Belgium"? 2. In the last few years the GB has been buying up all these little places, often in posh settings, and refurbishing them, for translations centers. They appear to be like mini-bethels. They've been touting them publicly. How does this proposed change with its "translation office will be reduced as much as a full time coordinator" fit into this recent expansion of the translation work? Is this a sudden reversal or am I missing something?

One more question. From where is this policy change coming? Is it from "worldly" consulting firms to whom the GB is paying big bucks, or from some "creative" brother/brothers high up the org, the types who are always vying with one another in trying to get the GB to adopt their ideas?

• sp74bb
    sp74bb

Hello bohm,

I understand quite well the situation. The same happens in many forum, even Spanish one where I'm quite active. I have updated a few recent topics where more info and outcome has come into the light. I hope this will help to trust in future info coming.

Hello careful,

The new entity in Belgium is a non-profit association of European JW. This new entity is Belgium will help them to continue with a non-profit status, as they see the charity status in UK in danger. I have my personal opinion with the changes, I feel many of them have been sourced in LDS (Mormons), so I feel that some consulting firms might have checked on how other cults or religion has changed recently and they copied.

• Edison Trent
    Edison Trent

I believe it’s true. In the last years we’ve seen many consolidations from many countries. Many branches were centralized to Germany. Everything depends on costs and efficiency. If you look on these years convention releases: nothing printed. I expect more and more electronic publications and videos and less printed stuff in the future. Translation can be done everywhere. So, no or nearly no work force needed in these translated countries. Some oldies are afraid that they will lose their printed magazines. But the push to tablets is a big hint to this future. Maybe after 2022 even Selters will be unnecessary to the org. If printing is required for someone, it can be done in the local kingdom halls. Or congregations could be forced to order printed stuff at an external supplier.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit