European Prospective 2017-2022

by sp74bb 12 Replies latest jw friends

• sp74bb
    sp74bb

The new "business plan" for JW.org in Europe has already received a name within the org: European Prospective 2017-2022.

This plan is already on the table of the big guys in the US. In the practice it got already getting the approval of the majority. So, no surprise at the end !

Essential features of the "Business Plan":
    - Sale of all branches in the European Union, except Germany and UK (the latter benefits from Brexit and certain privileged position)
    - All printing and digital material prepared and printed from Germany
    - In each country, a local liaison office is left, certainly no more than 3-4 families.
    - Free part-time worker is boosted from home, cheaper and hastle-free !
    - Money to the new entity formed in Belgium, as a non-profit organization (IBSA goodbye ...)
    - The most complicated ... Who will care for the data of European JW ... Confidential information and color envelopped with sensitive information...

Enjoy the new European JW times !

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

Longer range planning been missed before they took this stance, in Mill Hill 1 house would suffice and rest sold off, no need for Chelmsford.

Personally I think calls to legal and service desks quite labour intensive, so a need there for some numbers.

Countries with no branch , possibility of disappointment, slow down.

Interesting times, only in June Flodin passed on approval for scaled back Chelmsford.

In Europe how will multi languages contact Selters, apparently their new mother ship

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I can't help but think how disadvantaged they will be with such little physical presence, if there would ever be an open rebellion.

• sp74bb
    sp74bb

I know a few places where a rebellion will take place: Spain, Italy and Portuguese Bethels...

Spain Bethel can be sold very easily to a University. It makes a perfect small campus. Many will ponder now if they last 5-10 years in the Org will be useful. They will be moved to leave without compensation !

• WingCommander
    WingCommander
    So much for all that growth, aye? And when asked about such changes, the GB can claim that, "The preaching work is done! We're just waiting out the Great Tribulation, which may have already started!", and the pigeons will just bob their heads in agreement. It's a far, far cry from the religion I was raised in in the 1980's. Wow!
  • Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Thanks. I believe you. All the recent changes must have been a part of a businessplan 2005 - 2015 or something similar. They are a multi bilion corporation and do nothing on the flow. There is so much influence and money involved that it can't be without a plan.

Thanks for the information, again.

G.

• Master_Bob
    Master_Bob

What about the "core" of each Bethel, namely the Service Department and the translation team. Will they also be relocated?

• sp74bb
    sp74bb

Hi Master_Bod,

Service Department can be reduced very much using fully Internet and computer technologies. New appointments will be digital...

Translation office will reduced as much as a full time coordinator and all the other work will be shared by part-timer "helpers" working from their home. Much less expensive.

Such an impressive growth. They are turning out to be a low-cost cult.

• bohm
    bohm

hi sp74bb,

Thanks for collecting the information in one place. As you might know, this forum has been burned before by people who claimed to "know" what would happen but it turned out to be false so that's why people are so skeptical.. I myself almost can't make myself believe what you are saying is true because it would be so dramatic. a bethel family is husband+wife so 3+4 families is approximately 6-8 people?

What I wanted to say is that I hope you will revisit this thread whenever one of the things you mention come to pass with a big fat "I told you so"; then we will know for sure that you are right.

You mentioned one of your past predictions had come to pass on another thread, but I forgot what it was. I wonder if you would link it?

• Room 215
    Room 215

So it's bye-bye to the Rome Bethel and its vaunted vineyard... also, Spain, where little old widows donated their gold jewelry to fund the project.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit