to lie or to deceive (w 12/2016, par 18, 19)

by George One Time 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• George One Time
    George One Time

Why not use a biblical example, like Jacob when deceiving his father Isaac? Jehovah himself seems to have no problem with deceiving. Or 1 Kings 22:19-22 "Who will deceive Ahab?" Oh, did I mention the GB?

W 12/16 Set free by Undeserved Kindness

Are we determined to avoid both lying and deception? (See paragraph 19)

19 For instance, a man tells his boss or fellow workers that he cannot be at work the next day or that he must leave early because he has a “medical” appointment. In fact, his “medical” appointment is merely a brief stop at a pharmacy or a quick visit to the doctor’s office to pay a bill. His real reason for not being at work is so that he can get a head start on a trip or so that he can take his family to the beach. There may have been a grain of truth in his mentioning a “medical” appointment, but would you say that he was being honest? Or was he being deceptive? You may know of similar instances of deliberate deception. Perhaps this is done to avoid punishment or to profit at others’ expense. Even if no outright lie is told, what of God’s direction: “You must not deceive”? Think, too, of Romans 6:19, which says: “Present your members as slaves to righteousness leading to holiness.”

• Chook
    Chook

As Geoffrey Jackson says to lie is presumptuous when we have deceive available.

• Tallon
    Tallon

"Oh, what a tangled web we weave

When first we practice to deceive"

..... extract from Marmion (Poem)

Note: My posting is aimed at the Org.

• skin
    skin

Its not the first time WT has used "going to the beach" in a negative light.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Its not the first time WT has used "going to the beach" in a negative light.

I'm sure it would be acceptable if it were for going in service......DOC

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

So is it OK to lie to your employer about going to visit your sick mother when you are actually going to the RC knowing that your sick mother will be there also? After all there is a grain of "truth" in your statement. lol

Yes it has been done by some I know!

just saying!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The JW Org was founded upon lies, and is maintained by lies.

They remind me of the bro we had in our Congo, twice DF'd for Adultery, and always the first to comment at Meetings about sexual sin.

Mind, you, I suppose he was an expert.

Just as the JW Org are expert liars.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Anyone who watched Geoffrey Jackson testify at the ABC know how masterful he was at attempting to deceive the commission lawyers...one thing he overlooked was how well informed and prepared the lawyers were!

• menrov
    menrov

so, all doctrines with a grain of truth are still a lie....hmm

go figure

• sir82
    sir82

Straining out the gnat again, I see.

What about all the lies and misleading statements at the ARC? Oh, that was that "theocratic warfare"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit