Noah's ark once again. I hate beating a dead horse, but.

by James Mixon 62 Replies latest watchtower bible

• enigma1863
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

Giles Gray: I agree with prologs "great point"

Enigma1863: Love it.

Again thanks to all for your input......

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Science - "...science, blowing a torpedo hole through the hull of Noah's Ark for the umpteenth time."...

As far as I'm concerned, science's torpedoes were just the coup-de-grace...

...it's doubtful Noah's Ark could've floated anyway. :smirk:

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

I can't believe adults are debating whether the ark was real or not. Seriously!

This is so sad and says much about belief and reality.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

My point of the topic, more ammunition to show how ridiculous the story of the flood.

The story of a talking snake that's absurd, but there's a lot of grown folks who believe the flood.

It's good practice, so when the opportunity arise I will be loaded for bear to reason with all

the people I know who believe the flood story.

Ask yourself,how many people you know who are adults believe that story(flood) and I believed a talking

snake 20 years ago. LOL

• prologos
    prologos
    s&r: "I can't believe adults are debating whether the ark was real or not. Seriously!

It is good to get newbies here to see the impossibility of that water happening, and the implication of key figures in the narrative, like Jesus, Peter the Rock, endorsing it. Good to see you have not abandoned us too!

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Yes that's the point "help newbies here". I become very proficient in debating fairy tales,

thanks to the folks here..

• Giles Gray
    Giles Gray

I think it's important to confront issues like the flood, considering how many people believe it's true. Though I will add that it is all too easy to disprove such a myth and subsequently rather tedious.

The information that Perry put up sounds very convincing only if you don't know the facts and are ignorant to the sequence of how life developed on Earth.

The claim that there has been water over many continents, which somehow proves the Flood, sounds very impressive. This is until you realise that it's no different to today, with the Indian Ocean flowing into the Pacific Ocean flowing into the Atlantic Ocean.

It was the same many millions of years ago. The only difference is that the land mass on Earth was predominantly in the Southern Hemisphere and the Seas were predominantly in the Northern Hemisphere. All that's happened since is the location of the Seas have altered due to the movement of tectonic plates.

Enigma's video is fantastic. The factual evidence of where the fossils are in relation to Earth's strata is overwhelming evidence that the flood never happened. I laughed out loud at the point about the drowning chicken.

The only point to add to the information in the video is that if the marine fossils found in the Himalayas were evidence of Noachian flood waters, then it would stand to reason that the fossils mentioned in the video would lie underneath the evidence of the sea life that would have resulted from such a cataclysm. The huge problem with that claim is the fact that many of the marine animals found in the Himalayas were extinct many millions of years even before the dinosaurs existed.

So the absence of mammalian life buried beneath this layer of marine sediment found in the Himalayas proves beyond reasonable doubt that it was nothing to do with a biblical flood.

• frogonmytoe
    frogonmytoe

Wasn't it 5 of clean and 3 of unclean animals?! Forget pairs, the ark would have had to be so big it wouldn't have floated, but broken apart.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

The Ark rested on the mountains of Ararat, so 2-5 animals of the world made their way down to

dry land. How in the hell did hippopotamus,elephants,giraffes and other large animals make their way down

from the top of mount Ararat..Maybe Jehovah carved out a road and they slid down the mountain side, 15000 feet...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit