Noah's ark once again. I hate beating a dead horse, but.

by James Mixon 62 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sir82
    sir82

So 2 of every thing and like I say back in noahs day there would been a whole lot more the boat would have had to been absolutely huge !

LOL

"You're gonna need a bigger boat"

• enigma1863
    enigma1863

Id like to propose a new reality show bigger than Big Brother. We have four couples on a cruise ship for one year. No outside resources. To make it interesting lets say they have 50 pairs of animals on the boat they have to take care of. I doubt they would survive six months.

• prologos
    prologos
    wizzstick: "The wood was under water for the best part of a year.

Most of the wood was probably freeboard, above the water, and coated with tae. The ark obviously did not leak (unlike wt).

enigma 186: ", 50 pairs of animals on the boat they have to take care of. I doubt they would survive six months. You underestimate the imagination of the wt storytellers, according to the "imitation faith" book, Noah and family had weekly worship nights, to keep the project on track, not go off the rails.
  • enigma1863
    enigma1863

I'm talking about a reality tv show with hidden cameras throughout the boat. I dont think animal rights groups would allow it though.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

enigma1863: Great idea "reality TV show", cast the GB.. But seriously the show

would be a big hit and maybe wake some folks up. Build a replica of the ark, set it a drift

for one year and then air left it at the top of 10000 ft summit and watch as all the animals

make their way down to sea level...I would love to see the GB set sail and clean crap for one year..

• enigma1863
    enigma1863

Id even allow them to use a metal boat but no help or contact with the outside world and none animals can die or they lose.

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

horizon to the nextWhat was Noah's understanding of his world a globe or simply from one

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

8.7 million animals? Pretty silly to think Noah could have gotten two of each kind, and since believers in the ark don't believe in evolution, they couldn't have evolved from just a few, not that there would have been enough time for that to happen anyway.

How could Noah have gotten all the animals in the first place? Some animals are only in very specific areas, koalas and kangaroos for example, did he go to Australia? What about the animals of the Amazon? Polar Bears? In the age before reliable land or sea transport, how could he possibly do that? how did he get the specific foods each animal needed? How would he even know what foods each animal eats? Koalas only eat eucalyptus leaves.

• Island Man
    Island Man

I'm not sure if there really is an issue with lack of oxygen and the flood. I believe that if you cover the globe with water covering the highest mountains, then the atmosphere gets displaced upward. So you will still be at sea level floating in the ark - the sea would just have risen and the atmosphere would have risen with it. The atmosphere would get a bit thinner though, because having been displaced upward on the global sphere means that the same amount of gas is now spread over a greater circumference. But the difference would not be so great as to make breathing very difficult or impossible.

There are lots of things wrong with the flood story and which disprove it. But I don't buy the argument about the elevated altitude making it impossible breathe.

• prologos
    prologos
    IM: "--the same amount of gas is now spread over a greater circumference. But the difference would not be so great as to make breathing very difficult or impossible.

The Earth's circumference is 40 000 km The highest mountain ~ 10 km. so you are creating a higher circumference, 628 km longer. that is stretching the same gas into an 1.5 % greater volume. That is a fall of barometric pressure you would experience when rain is coming, so Noah, if there ever was one, could breath easy (except for the animal stench that wafted), as he drifted over Mount Everest. So: Sir Edmund Hillary was not the first man above Mt Everest, it was Noah, at altitude. now that's hilarious.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit