spiritual

by stan livedeath 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

thanks for your replies--so do i infer it has nothing to do with the "holy spirit"---either by motivation or intervention ?

• Fernando
    Fernando

I agree.

More of a bewitching evil spirit best I can tell...

• tornapart
    tornapart

Being 'spiritual' to a JW is really 'religiosity'... in other words sanctimoniously religious. It really has nothing to do with spirituality. If they are seen to be doing everything right according to WT then they are considered 'spiritual'. It smacks of what Jesus condemned the Pharisees for.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Pharisaic behavior? Hmmmm? Ironically, TOMO agrees with you on his FB profile. 😑

DD

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Spiritual equals visual tasks a JW performs. Meeting attendance, service, pioneering, Bethel service, need greaters, reaching out, etc. If you are a "spiritual" person you are successfully doing the tasks they put before you.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

JWism is the most materialistic, works based, sect of Xianity that I can think of.

What impresses "true believers" among JWs? Feeding the hungry, helping the poor, assisting sick children? NO.

Large conventions, various Real Estate holdings, propaganda and advertising, sub-par "Bible Museums", World HQ tours, Social Media/ Internet bragging ( Insta-Brag?? ), being "visible in the ministry", being "visible" at non-witnessing carts; these physical activities are what JWs thrive upon.

JWism lacks a "wailing wall" to display their sychophantic buffoonery, but the GB has provided many alternatives.

DD

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I also broadly agree with Zeb.

"spiritual" what exactly do the JW's mean by it ? - putting the WT Society first. No more, no less.

It could involve increasing hours spent in field service; or shaving off that beard; or - even more absurdly - donating more money to the org.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Spiritual to a JW means accepting the Governing Body's interpretation of the scriptures of the Christian Holy Bible and the Watchtower's doctrines that come from that and following the agenda of this organization without question.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Spiritual to a JW means exactly the opposite of what spirituality actually is. They have taken something that is unseen and made it purely material. It's actually ridiculous when you think about it.

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

JW Spirituality is measured by the quantity and/or quality of "worldly" pursuits that a JW gives up in favor of WT approved activities. Give up an Oxford University education-get a seat on the GB; quit university to pioneer, then get the privilege of giving your experience at the next convention; quit your well-paid corporate gig, receive an invitation to donate your professional services to the Branch. The yearbooks are filled with examples of the truely "spiritual".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit