spiritual

by stan livedeath 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i read the word "spiritual" sometimes on the site. what exactly do the JW's mean by it ?

• zeb
    zeb

following the directives and whims of the wts. Spirituality defined by dress, shoes, hair, conversation or lack of it, attending all meetings, in short ......obedience.

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

Stan,

Never a JW. I so do not want to answer this because the atheist on this forum are going to pipe in. I have nothing to say to them.

With that said I am 65 and at the age of 50 I walked away from Religion because I realized at that point it is all man made. I still strongly believe in God and feel a very strong connection with God through daily devotion. I also do not believe the Bible is the word of God. Just written by men claiming it to be the word of God. A question I have asked many times since making this decision is: If God had created Religion how many Religions would he have created? I believe in a loving and caring God who wants all of us to get along with one another. I do not blame God for all the suffering that goes on in the world as I did not blame God when I lost my son nor when I had cancer.

I have always felt a very spiritual closeness with God because of the troubled life I have lived and I felt only he was the one that carried me through those times. I feel he walks beside me in the good times and carries me in the bad times.

My faith in God keeps me from getting depressed during some mighty tough adventures. He keeps me going for the brighter tomorrow which does come.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I agree with Zeb.

I think it's probably a guilt trip inducer. An appeal to authority (??), propaganda technique where they quote some random scripture to tell you you're not as good as they are. The WBT$ pretend they can measure your 'spirituality(tm)' by how obedient you are to the 7 rock start paedophile protecting popes AKA the Governing body.

• cofty
    cofty

I think people mean lots of different things by "spiritual".

I feel an intense sense of awe and wonder at the scale and complexity of life, the universe and everything. I don't believe anything supernatural is required to explain it. Is that spiritual?

• Fernando
    Fernando

Having stolen their followers' (faith and) spirituality they proceed to hide the theft by substituting it with religiosity.

Then they redefine spirituality to mean religiosity.

Job done.

Dirty criminals.

Thieves.

Fraudsters.

Cowards.

Racketeers.

• DJS
    DJS

What Punk and Cofty say,

The DarkLords use it to judge and control. And to show everyone how very special they are.

It slays me that ex or exiting Dubs use this term in a pejorative sense about themselves. It's common for an awake spouse to describe themselves as less spiritual than their still- in blind mate, as if they are deficient in some manner.There are several current examples.

This is a meaningless word.. Or it can have so many applications as to make it non specific, generic, all encompassing.

To my lovely exiting and ex dubs: End the use of such words as applied by the DarkLords. It will speed you on your way to recovery.

And please stop calling it the truth. Makes me cringe and want to throw up.

• freddo
    freddo

Spiritual as defined by jw's?

Someone whose "works" are highly visible and often audible.

• TheFadingAlbatros
    TheFadingAlbatros

For the JW's, without their knowing it, the word "spiritual" means in real life the following :

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Q) What do jehovers witnesses mean by spiritual ?

A) I remember I asked this question when I was on the ministry with a special pioneer. I always remembered his answer because it seemed to have nothing to do with " spiritual" . His answer was " STICKABILITY". Seemed more like " CONFORMITY" to me.

The Rebel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit