The WTBTS' "Golden Calf"

by The Searcher 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

In recent months I have personally experienced 3 times how Jehovah's Witnesses' thinking and ad hominem attacks are being molded by their masters in the WTBTS.

1) J.W. family members have stated that I am no longer part of the family because I say "negative things" about the org.

2) My closest friend in my former congregation complained several weeks ago that I was "finding fault" with the org every time we had a conversation. Nothing from him since.

3) When reverse witnessing to an elder at a trolley recently, he accused me of "criticizing the organization."

Not one accused me of speaking against God, Jesus, or the Bible - only against their "golden calf"!

Now the hierarchy has published this statement for Witnesses to quote;

WT ​February 2017 par.12, p.26 - "The Governing Body is neither inspired nor infallible. Therefore, it can err in doctrinal matters or in organizational direction." (In other words, they're only human, but it's still God's organization!!!)

Two points in response:

1) Very honest of them to admit that they're not inspired by God and that they have been wrong with some of their so-called Bible truths. It shows they're no different from any other religious leaders.

2) On the basis of their statement, shouldn't you be even more diligent and apply the Biblical command at 1 John 4:1 - "...do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world." If they're not inspired by God, who is inspiring them?

The org is sacrosanct - anything/one else is fair game. Devotion to the org is non-negotiable.

• freddo
    freddo

Quite correct, Searcher. And of course we are wise to remember that we are not to put our trust in "princes nor in a son of man, who cannot bring salvation" Ps. 146 v 3 - who of course include the GB.

• stillin
    stillin

For a while after realizing this, I compromised, thinking that, although they aren't the one and only "truth" the Organization of JW's had things closer to accurate than any other religion. Then I realized that Christianity, in general, is in the same boat; it's an effort to align with the great, invisible, unanswered and unknowable forces in the universe. The "effort" is respectable, but also deeply personal.

The Witnesses are sheep.they follow. It's what they do. The effort part was left by the wayside and collected up by the Organization. Whatever the Org says is off-limits for true analyzing. To think about the why's of the GB's latest decrees is tantamount to apostasy, and sheep don't like that.

• cobweb
    cobweb
    WT ​February 2017 par.12, p.26 - "The Governing Body is neither inspired nor infallible. Therefore, it can err in doctrinal matters or in organizational direction."

...and yet, you still have to go along with everything they say as though they are.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Claiming that the GB make mistakes in doctrine and procedures was the very crime I was charged with. It was the reason that I was accused of "apostasy", a crime so horrible that it merits everlasting death!

What is the purpose of this admission? There could be more than one reason to print this statement so close to the outbreak of the GT. 😑

1) The Glorious GB have just decided to make doctrinal changes that may be disturbing to some. They will, of course, blame it on their predecessors.

2) Shit is about to hit the fan concerning Child Sexual Abuse. Perhaps the errors in "Organizational Direction" are related to the decades of abuse cases that have been swept under the rug.

3) A prominent GB member, or members are listed in the Pedo-Files. ( See what I did there? Pedophile/Pedo-Files...?) Those imperfect men can be thrown under the bus. The WTBTS has already written an article that hints of "apostasy" at high levels. This article came out close to a year ago, I think.

4) There will be more sell-offs of facilities to pay for the abuse settlements. There will be more lay-offs, more disgruntled J-dumbs sent into "Satan's World." A Dub that is used extensively in video production told me that one facility in the USA was reduced from about 1,000 to 25, and that this is happening at other WTBTS facilities. He said, "Jehovah is putting on the brakes, because we ran ahead."

This WT article is a prime example of "getting in front of a problem." It's a political technique designed to soften a blow, or to make yourself seem less culpable. "Yes Brothers and Sisters, there have been very bad things occurring in the perfect ORG. It's taken a lot of time and effort to root out those ones causing divisions. We, the current GB, are just happy that Jeehoober, the great detective, has used us to further refine the ORGANIZATION..... ( Imagine Lett's puke-worthy rubber face as he delivers the message on Jaydubbyaw TV..😨)

DD

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

All sounds reasonable, D-D.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I think Data-Dog's nailed it.

I'd like to add... they're anticipating an exodus and are trying to mitigate it as much as possible.

• SadElder
    SadElder

The GB and their minders put these little tidbits in the publications as a way of numbing the minds of the flock. The change to the GB is the "faithful slave" was years in the making.This idea was being put forth among the GB themselves when Dan Sydlik was alive, he opposed it. I don't know if he eventually caved in or not. I do remember him being aggravated because some of the GB told him he was standing in the way of a "benevolent dictatorship."

Slowly, slowly, the writers weaved various sayings into things so it comes as no surprise when the bombshell hits. Hence some will say "Oh, we've always believed that."

• smiddy
    smiddy

It`s a classic example of the Governing Body speaking out of both sides of their mouth .Here we have them admit they are not inspired nor are they infallible ,that they can err in doctrinal matters and organizatioinal direction .

How many times have we read in the Watchtower there claim to be spirit directed by God , that they , the G.B. are being used by Jehovah to deliver New Truths to the faithful by means of New Light.?

Are they not saying that the old light that was given by the holy Spirit was in fact wrong ?,that the spirit erred ?

Isn`t that the same , being spirit directed , as being inspired by God ? And if they are as they often claim to be spirit directed by Jehovah , shouldnt they then be infallible in their teachings.?

Can they really have it both ways ?

Aren`t they contradicting themselves with such statements ?

• zeb
    zeb

sounds like the Jackson experience at the ARC has finally got through to the gb.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit