Why do Jehovah's Witnesses do this?

by runForever 18 Replies latest jw friends

• atheist_R_stupid
    atheist_R_stupid

Why do Jehovah's Witnesses as individual members readily think that apostates are having a sweeping mass delusion? 

you start off with a retarded comment, then proceed to talk stupid on it. No one thinks thee is a single "mass dilusion".

JUST LIKE THERE ARE MANY REASONS A PERSON BECOMES SOMETHING? there are several reasons why they are NO LONGER something. However, being that SEX is such a big thing with non married people, and this is a very HAVE ALL THE SEX YOU WANT WITH WHATEVER AND WHOMEVER YOU WANT, without marriage woorld? SEX is the typical reason people "leave" not "because I didnt believe in the doctrines...yada yada yada"

The fact is, you got with some chick and you refused to stop, told them that you cant be told what to do by anyone, and blaimed your wife for  your adultery and got pissed when they said, that such a stance isnt right. AND OUT YOU STORM...tZHAT is the typical reason. NEVR ONCE have I known a SINGLE PERSON that was "due to doctrines that I disagreed with..." because you cant even be disfellowshipped for that AND THE MAIN thing is, WHAT DOCTRINE is SOOOOOOOOOO bad that you give up the baby with the bathwater? because I'd rather be with the team that has 90% wins on what the bible says, than with a team that is telling me bunny wabbits lay eggs, and to  join an army on BOTH sides and God's gonna back both sides somehow.

• runForever
    runForever
    Hey A R stupid are you a jehovah witness?
  • Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake

Actually ARS, I did in fact stop attending meetings because the religion is actually, factually, demonstratably scripturally wrong. 

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

I actually now think that the WT has vilified apostates beyond even Ole Satan himself. I also believe the term apostate is more feared than the term Satan.

Think about this for a second... If you got the thought-stopping question of "Where did you hear that?" or "Are you visiting apostate sites?", ....imagine if you said "No I was talking to Satan and he told me... And since Jesus gave Satan a reply, I wanted to do the same."

that would be a great recorded meeting with elders...lol

-TE

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

To answer the original question posed - as a fading Jehovah's Witnesses, I have seen first hand that as soon as I mentioned anything Scriptural or otherwise which put the Org in a bad light, I was suddenly viewed as if I had AIDS and the Ebola virus at the same time!

Case in point; friends of my wife have a Special Pioneer friend, and all three were planning to come over from their country to stay with us for the convention. Special Pioneer learns that my wife has discussed the Candace Conti situation et al, and decides not to come over now! The apostate virus can be fatal!

In a nutshell, Witnesses are conditioned and programmed to never consider for a moment that a fellow Witness has abandoned "the truth" for scriptural reasons, because that would be impossible!

And of course, the Org will disfellowship anyone who converses with an escapee!

As for AtheistRstupid - if you are a Witness, please explain the teaching regarding "New Scrolls" to me please. Of course, if you are not really a Witness, you won't know anything about them, in which case you won't be able to!

Looking forward to hearing your response.

• Splash
    Splash

Short but true story:

I was once in London, late at night. No, make that in the very early hours. Anyway, we're talking about midnight to 3:00am.

I wanted to see how the city was at that time. I wanted to meet the people, the homeless, the disaffected. Just see what went on. It's a very different place.

I was sat in Trafalgar Square on a bench talking to a very interesting young homeless man. He had a real knowledge of the city at night, and boy was he street smart! Anyway, two girls came along, I'm guessing late teens early twenties, and stood nearby. With a wink the guy I was with told me to "watch this" and went over to talk to them.

He politely said Hello and asked where they were staying. One of the girls screamed at him. Literally screamed and postured and threatened. He remained calm and polite, and every civil question and statement of his was returned with intense abuse and fury.

After a while he came back and told me he knew that was going to happen and I asked "how?"

He saw how frightened and vulnerable one of the girls appeared. She was uncomfortable being out in unfamiliar territory, and she thought the best way to look 'strong' and confident was to yell and scream and abuse. The opposite was clear though, she was out of her depth and had "clueless" tattooed on her forehead for all to see. Her overreactions were actually comical, yet she thought she was looking tough and competent.

I'll never forget that evening. That experience and others from the same night made a strong impression on me.

ARS, you are a young girl, lost and afraid and looking comical.

Splash

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

runForever - "Why do Jehovah's Witnesses as individual members readily think that apostates are having a sweeping mass delusion?"

They have to.

If they don't, they'll succumb to the deep-down fear that "apostates" might actually be right.

And that would freak them the f**k out.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

ARS, you seem to have a fascination with SEX. It's not the first post you've accused us as having that as the reason for leaving. I am a married person, so SEX is not the reason for me. Nor is it for quite a number of people here, so quit making these sweeping accusations.

NEVR ONCE have I known a SINGLE PERSON that was "due to doctrines that I disagreed with..." because you cant even be disfellowshipped for that AND THE MAIN thing is, WHAT DOCTRINE is SOOOOOOOOOO bad that you give up the baby with the bathwater?

And you know everyone here? Just because you don't know someone who left for this reason doesn't mean it doesn't happen. It is my PRIMARY reason for wanting to leave. Yes, you can get disfellowshipped for not believing. There's plenty of documented accounts of that. What doctrine is so bad? Does it matter? If we still believe in God (and I still do) then what is it God wants? John 4:23,24 says worshippers must worship with spirit and truth. Doctrines surrounding salvation must be truthful. If they are not, then we are not worshipping with truth.

If there is no paradise earth, then that's a false hope. If there was a paradise earth, don't you think Paul, Peter, James and John would have spoken or written about it BEFORE Revelation? Revelation came around AFTER the rest of them died, so none of them died believing in any paradise earth. Even Revelation doesn't say anything about a paradise earth. For that matter, that phrase isn't in the Bible at all. Paul said that even an angel should be accursed if anything different than the good news he taught was preached (Gal. 1:6-8). If an angel should be accursed, then so should anyone else preaching any other good news, INCLUDING JWs.

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

Nor is it for quite a number of people here, so quit making these sweeping accusations.

In my group of about more than a  dozen Ex-Jws I know, only a couple left because of "SEX" (OMG!!!), most for doctrine, myself included.

You speak of that which you do not know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit