Major fail on last convention video

by ILoveTTATT2 29 Replies latest jw friends

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

For an organisation that goes on about "not giving cause to stumble" others, the decision to use this artists music is perplexing indeed.

Just google the titles of the dozens of other tracks that this group have made, and the video clips to go along with it!

• Island Man
    Island Man

I think this is all shows that the content for the convention program may have been rushed. It seems like this convention may have been hurriedly cobbled together in response to growing disloyalty, murmuring and disassociations in the wake of the Australia pedophile scandal and other issues.

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

I wonder if you also wonder why the "Watchtower symphonic orchestra" not composed some fine piece of "eletronic music" for this convention trailer. I think that the Watchtower symphonic orchestra is simply not competent enough in modern electronic music at all.

But it was very important for the Governing Body as alwys to attract the young ones on the convention with up to date trailer music like it is in the latest movie trailers with that special hollywood feeling. So it turns around promoting the faith with lates music tools. The impression could aris that JW have the better dramatic cinema.

This though we have so many young talents. :sparkles: who would appreciate take part in production electronic music.
    That is a second major fail: That they forbid and not support higher musical education to produce such fine electronic music and later buy this music from the "world." They forget that learning music and playing it always only at home is not enough in this profession. Only one JW orchestra is not enough for the whole world there are so many talents.

Young talent :point_left:

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

Buying music for convention trailers and not allowing the joung ones to make a career in music at the same convention is a DUPLICITY of first rate.

I vote for more life music in halls and on conventions and for WT-certificates and grades in applied studies of art.

• steve2
    steve2

This is definitely news to me.

Genuine question: Have you got any credit notes from the video itself that shows JW org is buying music to use on its videos - or are you deducing it on the basis of the "sound" of the music?

• Jesuit Scholar
    Jesuit Scholar

WWJD? What Would Jaracz Do?

I somehow feel that it would not have flown, though, that goes for almost everything now in the tv.jw.org era - including the Internet or printing out scriptures for a talk instead of opening the actual Bible, etc., etc., etc.

I wonder if they thought nobody would notice? Interesting indeed.

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

Steve, just listen to the convention video and then the song... They're identical!!

• Annon
    Annon

Yes It is the same track. According to their website Audiomachine produce a lot of music for move trailers and games, including Harry Potter, Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Ghosts. (Check on their site under archive tab)

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

I don't know why you don't think they just bought the rights to use what ever clip they want?
    So much of the convention videos include stock video clips you can buy for $100 bucks - why would you think they would steal music from some artist. Or they might have bought the sheet music and paid the fee to reproduce it.

• Annon
    Annon

You can buy the licence for a particular piece of music on their website just as others have said. Possibly a "charity" pays less than for commercial use.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit