Received a letter from a JW today.

by smiddy3 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Mr.Finkelstein
    Mr.Finkelstein

I would just toss whatever any JWS gives you, they are brainwashed idiots who reiterate whatever the WTS tells them to do, they are being manipulated, exploited as well guilt ridden into doing so.

This cult controls their thoughts and knowledge base and its mostly been devised to support the leaders of the WTS/JWS.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Well, curiously I just received one yesterday. Was surprised, and was actually simmering on the idea of sending the pamphlet back to this person with a letter of my own. Very odd to receive personal letters from strangers.

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

Do what you can to be prepared. The apostle Peter wrote: “Sanctify the Christ as Lord in your hearts, always ready to make a defense before everyone that demands of you a reason for the hope in you, but doing so together with a mild temper and deep respect.” (1 Peter 3:15) Are you ready to defend your beliefs? For example, if someone wants to know why you do not take part in some unscriptural custom or practice, do not be satisfied with saying, “It’s against my religion.” Such an answer may suggest that you let others make your decisions for you and that you must therefore be a member of a cult. It might be better to say, “God’s Word, the Bible, forbids it” or, “It would displease my God.” Then give a reasonable explanation as to why.​—Romans 12:1.

W02 8/15 p 15 -20

We are always encouraged to apply that in our ministry , unless they know they can't make a defence.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SMIDDY3:

The only JW friend I have left does this letter writing.

This is a person who cannot afford the cost but does this anyway. I’m sure she does this because she feels she must (whether peer pressure or whatever).

I can only imagine receiving one of these pathetic communications and tearing it up and thinking that somebody wasted time and postage.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit