"Don't make mountains out of molehills"

by stephanie61092 17 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• stephanie61092
    stephanie61092

During the talk today, the speaker said, in reference to apostates, "don't make mountains out of molehills" and "all those who are do good to look up Isaiah 43:18." To save you trouble, it says: "do not remember the former things, and do not dwell on the past."

I'd like to see him read that scripture to the victims of the hundreds and hundreds of abuse cases the ARC has unveiled from over the past 50 years. Is that a molehill?

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

...victims of the hundreds and hundreds of abuse cases the ARC has unveiled from over the past 50 years. Is that a molehill?

More like an abysmal pit.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    stephanie61092: I'd like to see him read that scripture to the victims of the hundreds and hundreds of abuse cases the ARC has unveiled from over the past 50 years. Is that a molehill?

How about reading that scripture to the hundreds of thousands who have gone through the pain, rejection and shunning of WT's harsh disfellowshipping policy...not to mention the countless number who for years and years continue to be shunned by family and friends.

Was Joseph Sabbatino who ended his life this week by walking off a 53 story building in Los Angeles driven by 'making a mountain out of a molehill'. I don't think so! His pain, like soo many other disciplined JWs was real and in his case was too hard to deal with.

RIP Joseph!

http://www.dailynews.com/general-news/20160318/suicide-suspected-in-palmdale-workers-deadly-fall-from-downtown-la-high-rise

• Island Man
    Island Man
    When defending their position that theirs is the only true religion, JWs make mountains out of the molehill differences between their religion and other religions very similar to their own. But when called out on their own false teachings and wrongs, JWs turn around and make molehills out of their own mountainous wrongs. They are hypocrites.
  • Divergent
    Divergent
    By it's adherence to absurd man-made rules & failure to tackle sex abuse, the organization has itself to blame for the molehills turning into mountains!
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Wow!

What a dick that speaker is!

Appalling indeed.....

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury
    Stop going. It all becomes much more bearable after that.
  • Alive!
    Alive!

Don't make mountains out of molehills.....what utterly contemptuous crap comes out of the mouths of these speakers....the problem is that JWs are primed to believe that God is guiding the speakers words....

Blanket statements which are designed to shut the mouths of any who should be heard, because we are all equal and have the right to speak, but statements like that coming from the platform, are not said in the spirit of kindly counsel - of course it's foolish to make maintains out of molehills on some issues - but this kind of 'talk' isn't about reasonable thinking...

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    I have seen many JWs who share this same attitude UNTIL it happens to them. When something earth shattering happens or they feel they have been unfairly treated, the tables turn. Molehills turn into mountains for sure!
  • MarkofCane
    MarkofCane

What else can they say? There congregants are leaving in droves, there bank accounts are drying up, there name is being dragged through the mud because of lawsuits namely because of the pedophile issue. There prophecy's are staring back at them, for many in there twilight years as complete lies, as a waste of there lives, so hard to face as reality so they prefer to remain in their delusion.

There children are leaving as soon as they have a say, there religion has become a mainstream religion, JW-org is a slap in the face to many who where told that the internet is Satan's playground....now what? Direct everyone to JW-org so their superstars have there day in the Limelight. The elderly are being pushed aside, they wants younger tech savvy cobe and elders, everyone has to own a tablet and understand how to use it....really my 79 year old mother needs to buy one, learn to use it, pay for internet and download all her study material to be able to receive gods food at the proper time and keep up with the blinking light? Because God cannot communicate with out internet now. There religion is a mountain of lies so what else can they say?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit