Reopenmind is having a brithday tomorrow

by Still Totally ADD 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Reopened Mind
    Reopened Mind

Thank all of you for your well wishes. When I was in the cult I couldn't understand why we could celebrate the ANNIVERSARY of our wedding, but not the ANNIVERSARY of our birth. To me there was no difference. Even from a Biblical standpoint the angels celebrated Jesus' birth and Jesus performed a miracle at a wedding. And nowhere is there mentioned a commemoration of either.

OK, mini rant over. I was not raised a JW like my husband so had birthday celebrations until I converted in my teens. One of my favorite pictures is of me blowing out the candles on my fourth birthday.

Tahoe, love the picture of the bird-of-paradise.

Reopened Mind

• carla
    carla

Happy Birthday!

• corruptgirl
    corruptgirl

Happy birthday! So glad you two got out together! Enjoy your birthday!

• blondie
    blondie

Happy Birthday, Reopenmind. I turned 64 a few months ago. My husband left a few months after me and it has been 16 years. I realize that has not happened for everyone on this board. But it still can if you are still married. I was surprised reading about Simon and Angharad not instantly being of the same mind and leaving.

We had a nice Valentine's Day, he gets me a serious card, I get a funny one for him. We sit and eat the 3 each allotted chocolate truffles (diabetes to consider).

So happy for you two.

Blondie and Irreverent

• HappyGal
    HappyGal

Happy Birthday Reopenedmind! How could being happy to have been born ever been bad!

Have a wonderful day. Celebrate Celebrate Celebrate.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

happy birthday!!

Image result for champagne

• flipper
    flipper

Happy Birthday Reopened Mind from Mr. & Mrs. Flipper . Hope you folks have a great celebration and lots of fun ! Take care, peace out, Mr. & Mrs. Flipper

• Village Idiot
  • Reopened Mind
    Reopened Mind

Ooooo! Champagne (thanks Stan) and cake (thanks Village Idiot, though I'm sure that's a misnomer). What more could a girl want on her birthday? But I do have more. I have a wonderful thoughtful husband and many friends, unconditional friends, here.

carla, corruptgirl, HappyGal, thank your for your well wishes.

Blondie and Irreverent, better late than never escaping the cult. I realize that being able to exit with my spouse is something not all were able to do. The fact that he came out with me made the process so much easier. However, we left our children and grandchildren behind. So in that sense leaving was bittersweet.

Mr. & Mrs. Flipper, it is great to be able to celebrate something so natural as a birthday without looking over my shoulder wondering how I am being judged. Every year Still TotallyADD and I talk about coming to your apostafest and every year something comes up. Well, hope springs eternal.

Reopened Mind

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit